• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What will be a good setup for a rough loose track.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lmitch

Reaction score
I just ordered me a ET410 and will be running it on a rough loose track. Need to know what wheels and tires and suspension setup would work best. I will be running the Hobbywing 4 pole 4300kv motor with 16 tooth pinion. I am really looking forward to this truggy.

So far I have only been running the box setup and honestly its not too bad. Maybe going to lighten up diff oils some first to see where that gets me before doing anything else.

Try it box setup first you may be surprised. I have a tekin pro4 4600kv with a 17t pinion and it can sail! My local track is pretty rough, hard pack with a lot of loose dirt on the surface and I have been liking it so far.

Oh and currently am running Goosebumps ST wheels.

IF I were you, I would just set it up stock first, see how it is, and adjust from there. Tekno does a good job, on the stock setup, trying to make it all around. as for as tires, id run what other fast guys at the track are running.

IF I were you, I would just set it up stock first, see how it is, and adjust from there. Tekno does a good job, on the stock setup, trying to make it all around. as for as tires, id run what other fast guys at the track are running.
This^

Tekno also posts there pro drivers setups too that you can try for varying tracks.

This^

Tekno also posts there pro drivers setups too that you can try for varying tracks.

Unfortunately there are no setups posted on Teknorc.com though, most likely due to it not being a full on class yet and being pretty new still.

That being said I think its all up to us ATM to experiment with setups.

Unfortunately there are no setups posted on Teknorc.com though, most likely due to it not being a full on class yet and being pretty new still.

That being said I think its all up to us ATM to experiment with setups.
That sucks. I thought they had them posted on there. Maybe it was the other models I saw.

Now that I think about it, I was thinking of the sct. Doh!

Goosebumps are great for loamy tracks, but I would consider switching to SCT wheels/tires if they allow it, there is better tire selection for SCT where the ProLine HoleShot M3 compound has done better for me over Goosebumps in most cases when racing my SCT410. I have not raced my ET410 on dirt yet, but hope to get it muddy in the not too distant future :)

I don't know if OP's intent was for racing or just bashing on a rough & loose track, but box stock setup has been great for me so far, and I trash (track bash) my ET410 on a very rough rutted medium-loose track.

The stock suspension setup/shock package is almost perfect. I was expecting the ET410 manual's stock setup to be on the firmer side of things. But, after running the truggy for awhile, it soaks up bumps/jumps, and flies very predictable (with SC tires)...better than I had hoped for.

My only complaint is the rear yellow springs are too stiff to get desired ride height. I can't see anyone using the stock rear springs to get a low ride height, unless, a different shock tower is used, or the coils are cut ?. I currently have to use the 2.61 lb/in, green springs in the rear (and find them just barely soft enough) to get the truggy's rear at "bones level" height that I strive for. This is only possible when rear spring collars are adjusted so that they are only touching the rear springs while the springs are fully extended. I will be getting the softer pink rear springs shortly, and they should be (hopefully) perfect for my situation.

Recent Popular Liked

Back