• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What im doing wrong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Type1

Reaction score
Hi all, I have the et48 2.0 as a basher…. And I’m having problems with the rear gear box. Always snaps where the screws on the rear tower.
I had a few bad landings, but I had the same landings with my kraton exb and nothing happens, looks like there is not a lot of plastic on the gear box and it’s brokes really easy.

Any of you having the same issues?

Attachments

• CE818E0E-956A-4A8A-AA52-B44BFC8FC39E.jpeg
    CE818E0E-956A-4A8A-AA52-B44BFC8FC39E.jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 177
I don't have much experience with the 2.0 but have rarely seen them experience this break at the track in my area.

Do you have the rear chassis brace installed? Is the brace also snapping?

Are you inspecting the chassis brace every run? I wonder if the chassis brace has broken first but not getting replaced before the gear box is damaged?

I used to own the 0.3 version and I had to replace the rear chassis brace periodically.

I don't have much experience with the 2.0 but have rarely seen them experience this break at the track in my area.

Do you have the rear chassis brace installed? Is the brace also snapping?

Are you inspecting the chassis brace every run? I wonder if the chassis brace has broken first but not getting replaced before the gear box is damaged?

I used to own the 0.3 version and I had to replace the rear chassis brace periodically.
I have a 7075 rear chasis brace, and also the center chasis brace en 7075. And all looks ok. Maybe now is to rigid for hard bashing and that’s why it snaps the gearbox like that. Hope I can find a solution

That's an interesting point, I don't know of anyone at my local track that used any 7075 parts, generally you want a little flex so maybe consider re-installing the original braces from the kit and see if that improves durability? Not gonna make any guarantees, but it's worth trying something different to see if it helps or not.

Good Luck!

Is something in the shock or tire setup preventing proper chassis slap. For bashing you want the chassis hitting the ground good on landing

Is something in the shock or tire setup preventing proper chassis slap. For bashing you want the chassis hitting the ground good on landing

Nice call, here's an example of what I did to fix this issue on a different car:

That said if you're running non standard wheels, then you may need to reduce the shock length somehow, possibly shorter shock shafts and springs maybe.

You might be right, but when I had the stock braces the center dogbone broke in half. Today I noticed also a front break gearbox. I think I’m going to leave the tekno for racing and not bashing. Broke to many parts

Attachments

• 6210B49D-92F5-4946-908E-8BACE1EF06C1.jpeg
    6210B49D-92F5-4946-908E-8BACE1EF06C1.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 135
Looks to me like you’re homemade tower to tower brace is causing you’re problems. I would remove it and keep the allracing center and rear brace. Also on the rear put 3mm nuts on the bottom two shock tower mounting bolts.
image.jpg

Recent Popular Liked

Back