• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Tire sauce

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hye

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
I know some chemicals have health risks. Please, try not to turn this into a lecture on how no one should be using tire sauce because of risks. Most, if not all the chemicals used to soften tire compounds are not friendly to humans. Got it.

I have heard diesel and automatic transmission fluid are super aggressive. I have used PB blaster and liquid wrench. Was looking for a combination to try.

What has worked for you?

Last edited:
Fortunately I don't have to use sauce anymore because the track in my area converted to turf.

Back when we used to race on clay, I found that a mix of 50% Liquid Wrench with 50% Brake Cleaner worked extremely well most of the time ( I simply mixed it into an empty bottle of shock fluid)... all the brake cleaner did was get the Liquid Wrench to dry within a couple minutes.

If I needed more traction then I'd use Sticky Kicks Pink... depending on how the track was coming around, I might only use Sticky Kicks the first round, and then LW+BC the rest of the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hye
Fortunately I don't have to use sauce anymore because the track in my area converted to turf.

Back when we used to race on clay, I found that a mix of 50% Liquid Wrench with 50% Brake Cleaner worked extremely well most of the time ( I simply mized it into an empty bottle of shock fluid)... all the brake cleaner did was get the Liquid Wrench to dry within a couple minutes.

If I needed more traction then I'd use Sticky Kicks Pink... depending on how the track was coming around, I might only use Sticky Kicks the first round, and then LW+BC the rest of the day.
Nice and detailed buddy. Thank you! I have sticky kicks, LW and BC. I like the BC theory. I’ll give that a try.

How is the tire wear on Astro? We have a carpet track local and it eats tires fast. Maybe 3 to 4 runs and the tires are not competitive anymore. Even with that said I still really enjoy carpet. I’d imagine Astro being something I’d like too. Is the track outdoors? What is the tracks name so I can look it up? Ours is SCVRC.

Last edited:
I race at Thornhill Racing Circuit, some info here:
https://www.thornhillrc.com/

Results are stored here:
http://trc.liverc.com/

The clay track would typically eat a set of buggy tires after just 1 day of racing... it was necessary to have some tread, slicks could work, but treaded tires were always faster. On my 4WD SCT, I had good luck with ProLine Streetfighters... they actually lasted about 6 months of racing on clay. The biggest variable was sauce... the more sauce you used, the faster the tire wear... the less sauce you used, the worst traction you got... it was a very expensive tire game if you wanted to be competitive.

Racing on the 1/8 track was more popular because tire cost was significantly less expensive with tires lasting 4-6 race days on the large dirt track.

When the 1/10 track switched to turf, we found that pretty much any tire with pins worked well, actually the harder the compound the better the traction because the pins wouldn't fold over and they'd bite deep into the turf. Longer pins tend to last a lot longer because they can wear to almost bald before they're gone on the 4WD cars. 2WD cars tend to wear faster, they get maybe 3-4 race days where 4WD get about 6-8 race days... Pin Points on my 4WD SCT last about a year of racing on turf.

1/10 turf is starting to become more popular than the 1/8 track because 1/10 tires are less expensive, they don't come unglued, less messy and all electric programs are more appealing with equal race/marshal time.

There are some other brands of tires that folks like to run, but ProLine offers the hardest compound with the longest tire wear... trade off being that harder compound offers better traction and longer wear life, but cars tend to handle twitchy with a fresh set of tires... I have learned to dial back the D/R with a fresh set, and slowly add some D/R each race day as the tires break in and slowly wear.

Reactions: Hye

Recent Popular Liked

Back