• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.4 Temp problems!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geo_ologist

Reaction score
Newbie here.

I have an eb48.4, that has been running ok temp wise this spring, until now that it is getting hotter. The body is a J concepts finisher. I am running 4s on a HW 4268 G3 2200kv with a 14t pinion. ESC is a Xr8 sct.

The motor and esc were getting hot so the first thing I did was perforate the window in front more as well as cut put all 3 sets of vents in the rear. (Previously just had the bottom set cut out, a small line of holes in the windshield, and the motor inlet.

They both still seemed to be hot so somebody recommend a bigger pinion given the ESC temp. The ESC temp now is better, but the can is getting to hot to touch still.

Should I try and go up on pinion some more? Did opening up to many holes in the rear of the body kill the airflow? I often hear people saying aren't using fans in their buggies, but dont see how I can swing that with my current temps

Outdoor track with a 150 foot is straight with 2 or 3 hard braking zones.

when was the last time you rebuilt the car?
have you inspected for any seized bearings?
Excellent question, It was rebuilt about a month ago with 10ish or so runs on it. When pinion is off everything rolls smoothly.

Do you have a temp gun? Hot to the touch is relative to each person so you might be fine.

Excellent question, It was rebuilt about a month ago with 10ish or so runs on it. When pinion is off everything rolls smoothly.
Glad to hear the car is being properly maintained... I prefer to rebuild and pack fresh grease in the bearings after 15-20 battery packs.

If the mesh is set too tight between the pinion and spur, that can cause over heating....
Also check for the "high spot" on the spur and reset the mesh if you close the gap anywhere while rotating the spur 1 full rotation while checking for play between the pinion and spur.

Hard to give any advise without knowing actual temps. Hot to touch could be anything above 140F. All that being said a 14T on a 2200kv motor sounds like it should be within spec. Depending on ambient temps and driver pace I would expect to see anywhere from 140 - 200F.

Newbie here.

I have an eb48.4, that has been running ok temp wise this spring, until now that it is getting hotter. The body is a J concepts finisher. I am running 4s on a HW 4268 G3 2200kv with a 14t pinion. ESC is a Xr8 sct.

The motor and esc were getting hot so the first thing I did was perforate the window in front more as well as cut put all 3 sets of vents in the rear. (Previously just had the bottom set cut out, a small line of holes in the windshield, and the motor inlet.

They both still seemed to be hot so somebody recommend a bigger pinion given the ESC temp. The ESC temp now is better, but the can is getting to hot to touch still.

Should I try and go up on pinion some more? Did opening up to many holes in the rear of the body kill the airflow? I often hear people saying aren't using fans in their buggies, but dont see how I can swing that with my current temps

Outdoor track with a 150 foot is straight with 2 or 3 hard braking zones.
I started having temp problems with my MT410 this summer also. So wound up getting a 1.5” foam block under my esc to raise it up and put a few holes in the front window on the esc side for air flow. Now that the fan isn’t grabbing hot air off the servo and motor I can go through 6000mah 6s pack without it going into heat protection mode.

Recent Popular Liked

Back