• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 My SCT 410.3 front end problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwwebb78

Reaction score
I just finished my SCT 410.3 build and electronics installation and drove it for the first time today. It's super awesome! While accelerating and under power, everything drives straight and true and sweet, but when it decelerates and I brake, the wheels sway left right left right as if the servo is lose or not in control. This is only my 2nd build, the first being a Traxxas TRX crawler, so my verbiage and explanation might be weak. Is this a bad bearing? It doesn't seem to be a wheel or tire problem because everything rolls true and fast under power and acceleration. Any help is appreciated.

Trying to understand exactly. You're seeing the front wheels turn from left to right while braking?

Yes, off power, during deceleration, it appears as if I’m moving the steering left right left right...... Not while applying the brake, nor while accelerating, only during a decelerating off power coast.

I might be off on this as I've never experienced what you're describing, but possibly you've too much slop in your steering setup? Maybe the servo-saver isn't tightened enough? Seems like it would be fine under load, inducing gyroscoptic properties, but under no load/brake, that would go away, an some slop somewhere in your steering could be an issue. Only thing else I can think of, from what you've described, is just a faulty/bad servo? Let us know if you find a solution.

Cheers.

Do you have another servo you can install to see if that happens again? The servo wires could be smashed together during assembly. Heard a guy on the arrma forum had similar issue

@Sergeant82d , good observation. I should have thought of that myself, as I run Spektrum an the SR6200A AVC myself in the MT410, though I have it turned off. Might not be his issue, but I didn't even consider that possibility. Good call, mate!

Thanks to all these comments and suggestions. Yes, I'm using a Spektrum radio with SR6100AT receiver. I'm still working on getting all these settings dialed in that need to be, but i'm fairly new to the short course racing and might have given myself too many adjustments with the radio. I have another Savox servo on my crawler that i could put on and do some troubleshooting. The interesting thing about this to me is that everything steers just fine as i'm accelerating. It's almost like the the wheels never get back to good alignment after I turn.

@Sergeant82d , good observation. I should have thought of that myself, as I run Spektrum an the SR6200A AVC myself in the MT410, though I have it turned off. Might not be his issue, but I didn't even consider that possibility. Good call, mate!
Thanks. I've seen the same thing on some of my Losi's until I either tune it out, or turn it off completely (through the binding process).

Thanks. I've seen the same thing on some of my Losi's until I either tune it out, or turn it off completely (through the binding process).
I like to have mine bound to use the AVC, but have the gain all the way to 0 most times. Only use it when I'm at this particular track near my house where the is a very long sweeping banked area, an it helps fight the gravity in that case from the truck wanting to fight either over the berm, or back into the pit. Otherwise, yeah, it's mostly off. Love the technology, but I'm no longer a racer, so it's like a firearm: Better to have an not need, than need an not have. Really wish AVC or similar systems where around when I was racing 1/12 pan cars in the day, hells, I would have LOVED brushless an lipos then, too! These "kids" don't know how hard it was on us old-timers. I think I even had to bang rocks together to make sparks for my nitros, lmao

Recent Popular Liked

Back