• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Shock issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tooshay

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Finally finished my build. After a couple of runs, I feel like the back end is dipping too much, and too easily.

How do I fix this? Do I need different oil? How do I know if something is up with my shock build? Would I need to open up the caps and check oil levels?

This is all new to me... Be gentle!

Finally finished my build. After a couple of runs, I feel like the back end is dipping too much, and too easily.

How do I fix this? Do I need different oil? How do I know if something is up with my shock build? Would I need to open up the caps and check oil levels?

This is all new to me... Be gentle!
Welcome to the forum! What exactly do you mean by dipping too much? Is it only dipping when coming down from a jump or does it sit lower even when not moving?

The first thing I would check is the shock oil though. If it is bottom out really easy over bumps, I would get a stiffer spring and up the oil weight.

If it is sitting lower when not moving, I would get a stiffer and longer spring, if they make one.

Like you say: rear end seems to sit lower when not moving. I might have to look at stiffer springs.

Is everyone here running stock shock oil?

Crank the shock collars down more and/or go with stiffer springs.

Recent Popular Liked

Back