• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Recommend a battery and a charger for me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clodbusterfan

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a 2s shorty lipo battery for my eb410 and the cheapest charger out there thats not junk. This will be my only lipo vehicle for awhile so dont want to spend much on the charger. I want long run times with my battery most of all! Thanks guys!

Last edited:
@Clodbusterfan I use the following setup and would highly recommend it. It will easily charge your 2s LiPo and pretty much any other LiPo battery you throw at it with plenty of power to charge more.

Charger: iSDT Q6 Plus
Power supply: HP 24v 1000watt

The iCharger X6 is also a nice charger and I know @Billl DeLong is a big fan of it. You'll need to get an external power supply for it as well, just like the iSDT Q6.

If you're wanting something that's more of an all-in-one solution than it might be worth checking out the Venom Pro Duo or the Hitech RDX1 - just note these are smaller, less powerful chargers compared to the two mentioned above. So if you do have any intentions of charger larger 4s / 6s LiPo batteries your charge time is going to be much longer.

I personally would go the iSDT or iCharger route.

Something to consider about the iSDT Q6 is that it is limited to 9A of input current where the iCharger X6 can support up to 35A of input current.

That means you will need to invest in a more expensive 24V supply in order to get the full 300W potential from the Q6, where you can use a less expensive 12V supply on the X6 and still get 35A x 12V = 420W of power with that charger with a 12V supply.

Also note that the X6 offers a balance current of 2.0A where the Q6 offers only 0.5A of balance current, this will allow the X6 to balance the cells 4 times faster in the CCCV cycle which can be the difference between a 10 min charge with the X6 and a 30 min charge with the Q6 with an older pack, with both chargers initially set to the same charge rate... the balance current is key for quick and reliable charge times ;)

Use these features to compare between chargers so you can compare apples to apples so you know what you're getting.

Last edited:
I dont need a fast charger since I wont be racing. Its ok if it even takes a couple hours. Which one would you recommmend now that you have that info?

If time spent on balancing cells isn't important and you only need to charge at 1C, then the Q6 sounds like a logical option simply because it's only $30 which is one of the least expensive chargers I have seen which offers an IR meter which I feel is the single most important feature to have on any charger. That said for 1C charge rates, you can also get away with a less expensive 12V supply as well ;)

12V x 9A = 108W max supported by the Q6

108W / 8.4V = 12A max charge rate you can use with a 12V supply which is roughly 2C charge rate for a 6Ah pack

Since the max balance current is 0.5A you should expect charge times around 30min @ 2C when the pack is new, but as the IR fades over time, your charge times will grow exponentially longer, upwards to 45min to an hour to charge the same pack at the same 12A charge rate.

Last edited:
I have the hota D6 dual charger, but this is maybe a little to much for your use.

Recent Popular Liked

Back