• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Recommend me a motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeBuzz

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
Am just about to start my SCT410.3 build but not sure what motor to go with, i was thinking of the Hobbywing EZRUN Combo MAX10 SCT 3660SL 4000kv, but seeing as i wont be racing i don't think i should limit myself to 2s, also think i might convert it to a DB410, what motor would your recommend and why?

I agree that 2S would not be wise for bashing around, way too hard on the battery... 4S would be the most efficient... any 3660 size sensorless motor in the 1900KV-2400KV range would be fine, any brand out there is good... but I would definitely go with a HobbyWing ESC for long term support.

just had a quick look for a 3660 in the suggested kv range, but most seem to be of the 42mm size cans, a 2200kv 4274 would be overkill i am guessing?

For $40 more I'd look at the Xerun XR8 SCT combo or buy the ESC standalone for $109. Gives you the option of sensored and it's a 140A ESC with more adjustability.

Recent Popular Liked

Back