• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Question about SCT410 and motors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdaxj

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET410
Still on the hunt for which Tekno kit I want to get. Preferably I’ll get one with an 1/8 scale motor set up.

However, possibly having a line on a good deal on a SCT410.3, could I pair my Castle SW4 with 5700kv? I realize it’s not a typical or ideal combo for the SCT but 1) I’m not really sure why and 2) would it be a complete disaster? Could I make it work for a while?

Just to confirm is this the combo you have here?
Sidewinder 4 with 1406-5700KV Motor
Castle said:
NOT for use in 4WD short course trucks.

Many folks have been running the SW4-5700KV combo in the ET410 with very good results!

If you are hard set on getting the SCT410, then the SW4 ESC can still be used, but I would recommend upgrading the motor to a 1410-3800KV motor which is rated for the ESC.

If you want to save some cash, then consider GoolRC motors which I have had really good luck in my TEKNO cars, I would get the GoolRC 3660-3800KV motor which is comparable and just a fraction of the price ;)

Thanks. I’m not set on getting an SCT410. I wonder why this motor isn’t recommended for short course trucks? Surely it’s not a power thing. Frankly, it’s just too much power for the current 2wd monster truck I have it in. I literally can’t keep the thing straight.

I’m really more interested in finding something I could use some of my current stuff in. What about the EB410? I’m not super crazy about the Truggies.

I just did the mt410 kit and I’m more than happy with it. The power to weight ratio is crazy and on 6s it’s a rocket, 4s is honestly more than enough but I prefer 6s and just using throttle control as my temps stay cooler. You can get the Arrma 1/8 box electronics pulled from a rtr kraton/outcast/talion for just over 100 bucks and it’s 2-6s capable 2050kv with tons of power (rebranded hobbywing). I have many different rc’s but nothing compares to this for bashing and just having fun.

Attachments

• 82A7B24C-0CD1-4C08-B30D-4DC063CC6D28.jpeg
    82A7B24C-0CD1-4C08-B30D-4DC063CC6D28.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 428
  • 4C981CE6-1CE1-426B-A745-5350F6D7B0F4.jpeg
    4C981CE6-1CE1-426B-A745-5350F6D7B0F4.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 453
  • 566616A8-21AC-4813-8BE1-302AF5EBDBFA.jpeg
    566616A8-21AC-4813-8BE1-302AF5EBDBFA.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 433
Thanks. I’m not set on getting an SCT410. I wonder why this motor isn’t recommended for short course trucks? Surely it’s not a power thing. Frankly, it’s just too much power for the current 2wd monster truck I have it in. I literally can’t keep the thing straight.

I’m really more interested in finding something I could use some of my current stuff in. What about the EB410? I’m not super crazy about the Truggies.

Most 4WD SCT's are based on 1/8 Buggy designs and they are simply too heavy for a 540 motor to sustain that much weight under load.

That 540 motor would do really well in the EB410 which shares 90% of the same parts with the ET410, it's just a buggy version of the same platform, that 5700KV will easily get that buggy up to 60mph+ on 2S!

Just keep in mind that both the EB410 and ET410 are restricted to "shorty" LiPo's so be sure to get a LiHV pack that is as least 100C rated to play it safe.

If you already have a bunch of LiPo's that are standard length, then it might be cheaper to buy that $20 motor I linked and get the SCT410 instead ;)

Thanks guys I appreciate the info. I bet what I end up doing is getting the MT410 first, than sometime after, grab a EB410 kit and put most of my current electronics in it. That way I have a great all-purpose MT and a super fast buggy.

I ended up getting the ET410. Even though the look of the Truggy isn’t my favorite, I decided it was probably the best bet for general all around driving, and utilizing my current electronics. I don’t mind having to switch out all of my batteries, because my sons truck uses the standard 2s lipos I already have.

So @Billl DeLong you say I need to use LiHv batteries that are 100c? I’m not super educated on the differences between all of these battery options. Why not a standard 2s LiPo shorty?

I ended up getting the ET410. Even though the look of the Truggy isn’t my favorite, I decided it was probably the best bet for general all around driving, and utilizing my current electronics. I don’t mind having to switch out all of my batteries, because my sons truck uses the standard 2s lipos I already have.

So @Billl DeLong you say I need to use LiHv batteries that are 100c? I’m not super educated on the differences between all of these battery options. Why not a standard 2s LiPo shorty?

If you are just bashing it then it doesn’t matter. If your racing then the LiHV lipos will give you and edge in power.

The LiHv part or the 100c part, or both?

The lihv part. Theoretically the higher the C rating the faster the energy is dumped by the LiPo but they are typically inflated and generally isn’t considered a reliable stat.

So the difference between, for example, the Gens Ace 2s shorty LiPo 60c 5000mah and the Gens Ace 2s shorty LiHv 100c 5500mah is only like $10. Is one a big deal over the other?

Just to confirm is this the combo you have here?
Sidewinder 4 with 1406-5700KV Motor

Many folks have been running the SW4-5700KV combo in the ET410 with very good results!

If you are hard set on getting the SCT410, then the SW4 ESC can still be used, but I would recommend upgrading the motor to a 1410-3800KV motor which is rated for the ESC.

If you want to save some cash, then consider GoolRC motors which I have had really good luck in my TEKNO cars, I would get the GoolRC 3660-3800KV motor which is comparable and just a fraction of the price ;)

Hey @Billl DeLong just curious, what ESC do you use with that GoolRC 3660-3800?

Hobbywing motors tend to pull a little less power than Tekin (which is a good thing), the added efficiency makes HobbyWing powered trucks perform a little more consistent and can get faster lap times with smoother acceleration and less likely to drain your pack as quickly so you can drive harder to make it through longer mains.

Hobbywing motors tend to pull a little less power than Tekin (which is a good thing), the added efficiency makes HobbyWing powered trucks perform a little more consistent and can get faster lap times with smoother acceleration and less likely to drain your pack as quickly so you can drive harder to make it through longer mains.

...thanks for explaining it!

Recent Popular Liked

Back