• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Protection from sand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macovial

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
I just got the longer/wider m2c truggy chassis and plan to put my MMX8S esc behind the stock receiver box (right side, rear). Does anyone have ideas how I can protect the esc from being blasted with dirt/water/sand? I will be going to the sand dunes and don’t want problems with sand getting into the esc fan. Those “dust guards” on Amazon aren’t long or wide enough for the chassis and probably will contribute to heat building up in the concoon. I just wondered what others were doing to protect their electronics in situations like this.

Not a bad idea! You got me thinking.. panty hose. Maybe a mosquito net.

2274188494_b3deb45072_c.jpg

Here is what I came up with. I cut out a computer fan screen guard, designed to prevent dust, in between under the fan mount and the top of the fan so it’s preventing sand from going through the fan.

We’ll find out tomorrow how well it works when I go to the beach in Santa Cruz.

Attachments

• 23A798B6-F9EB-48E1-A72C-AF71B806C1B1.jpeg
    23A798B6-F9EB-48E1-A72C-AF71B806C1B1.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 130
  • FD7DEB6C-080F-4078-B2C1-7FB3FA709C7E.jpeg
    FD7DEB6C-080F-4078-B2C1-7FB3FA709C7E.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 130
The wrong material will cut down air flow to point of causing overheating or in a gas engine, air starvation. Learned from my other hobby. Watch temps close when doing this.

Hi guys, I used window or screen door mesh, made from nylon.
used the 4 screws on the fans to mount them.

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back