• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Shock seals and shock shaft protection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaceBash

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
I have noticed for a while that my shocks seemed to be less than full. I finally took them apart to find the rear wern't just out but it was clear that the lower seals almost gone. After some reading I have decided that I need to verify whether I have the newer cartridge update but either way I will need new seals.

But I am thinking maybe I should consider some protection for the rear shock shafts. My shocks are in the front of the arms and I am sure they see plenty of debris. Did the 410 every have shock boots, I don't see replacements anywhere so I am guessing they don't exist. Maybe a shock socks?

Finally, I own no shock oils. I run on a mostly flat but bumpy with one moderate jump. This jump results in ~3 ft of air and a flat landing. Interested in advice on oils for this track. I am not likely to switch fluids often for tuning so I would like to keep one oil.

I would also listen to advice on harder shock shafts instead of protection if thats the smarter move.

Edit:
its a 410.1, in case that matters

There are no shock boots available for the Tekno EB410 that I know of but you could probably use this trick and make your own. The video is for 1/8th scale but you can just get smaller balloons for the smaller shocks.
make your own shock boots

You say you don't have extra oils, so I assume you built it with the stock setup? Was there anything wrong with the way it handled, before you noticed all of your shock oil gone? If not then stick with the box setup up and just get more of the oils you started with. If I didn't want to have a bunch of different oils to test and try then that's is what I would do.

It's generally a good habit to rebuild your car after every 20-25 battery pack cycles. A typical rebuild session should take about an hour or two, and you want to remove every bearing, clean or replace any crunchy ones. Then empty your diffs/shocks and apply fresh grease on all the rubber seals, replace any torn/cracked seals to prevent leaks. Be sure to use a waterproof grease to prevent leaks on the seals, I use Green Grease brand myself packed into a 10cc syringe.

If you want to use the same shock fluid for both the front/rear, then I would recommend boring out the pistons on the rear to 2.0mm holes.

49467152226_9e2d3703cb_b.jpg

39946147063_adf2087fc4_h.jpg

Thanks Bill, I'll get some 450 oil and see how the pistons are setup. I figure almost any oil will be better than the ~1/2 full to empty that I had and the now way-too-stiff that I currently have.

Recent Popular Liked

Back