• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Full chassis skid / protection for ET48

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET48
  3. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Some time ago I started looking for a way to protect my ET48.3 basher chassis. I tried car wraps / vinyl and very quickly noticed they are not strong enough.

What I was looking for is to create something that looks and functions like this:

or this:
https://tboneracing.net/collections...thin-chassis-skid-w-vinyl-graphic-tekno-mt410

That's when I found this brilliant post:
https://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost.php?p=11817166&postcount=14

And ordered that material from McMaster.com:
https://www.mcmaster.com/7701T114

The result is the material that you can find under Snowboards and Skis:

I am very hopeful that it will prove to be a very strong protection. Will keep you guys updated.

Looks great, let us know how it goes.

Brilliant, wish I knew this before putting on the vinyl I have. Saved this for next, thank you.

Hi all, hope you are enjoying a nice Christmas break.

Here is the "6 months later" update on this mod:

This is the same truggy presented in the above post, I go through 2 to 3 packs every 2 weeks with this it. It is fair to say, this mod went through at least 25 packs by now. Driving style is mainly racing. Surface is a mix of loose dirt, hard packed dirt and some grass. Jumps were no higher than 5 to 6ft.

A few bubbles formed under the UHMW Plastic, but is not a problem:
IMG_1611.JPG

Two hard impact areas have creates significant damage in the UHMW Plastic, here:
IMG_1612.JPG

and here:
IMG_1613.JPG

Optimization: here is a buggy that was treated the same way and which benefited from some experience. On this one I have not drilled holes for screws and have kept the surface intact. You can see the mod is doing a lot better.

Buggy EB48.4:
IMG_1615.JPG

Same buggy:
IMG_1616.JPG

Conclusion: for those who are a bit anal about their bottom, I would not hesitate to recommend the mod. It will have your back! :p

Nice and cheap alternative to other chassis protectors! Looks like it stands up well! When you posted this I figured it was a good idea but really nice to see the report and how it held up...especially the adhesive!

Here is some feedback from my experience and from other users:
1/ set electronics, get a split center diff mount, you don’t want to be touching the screws in the chassis after this
2/ clean the chassis before applying the protection
3/ once the chassis is clean, rinse it with water and wipe it off. Don’t leave any soap or chemical that could prevent the glue from sticking
4/ eventually give it a few passes with a heat gun

Recent Popular Liked

Back