• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

new sct410 or a used?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a decent deal, but plan to do a complete rebuild and inspect all the parts for wear... plan to replace the out drives, bearings and possibly some shafts... depending on how particular you are, it might be more cost effective to buy new, but if you're just gonna bash it around then you can always drive it into the ground and wait for something to fail.

thanks Bill, excellent builds BTW, Ive been reading non stop these past few days debating, EB48, MT410, SCT410.3, monster SCT.......
So heres what i think i will do much like (chainsaw10?) did. I want to take the SCT and put EB48 arms, outdrives, driveshafts, hubs, spindles, etc. to make it a lot stronger chassis, with a fairly over powered motor. So as particular as I am, I would rebuild that used one with all new as you suggested.
Thanks!

However if it gets sold before I get to it, I will just buy new. New is always good, and it looks like it was treated a little rough anyway.

The original EB48 or the EB48.2 are more or less what you are describing: a true 1/8th scale that can get the body mounts of the SCT/MT410 and become 4s capable SC truck.

Those are rare though and the front arms are hard to find if you need to replace them. Every other part should have an upgrade path or availability from another model. Towers are the same as MT410 towers. The front arms are the issue.

Everything i hear about the SCT is that it is very strong. I would just run it on 4s as is and with a lower torqued motor (to save the driveline) like 3674 can in 1900kv to 2400kv.

The original EB48 or the EB48.2 are more or less what you are describing: a true 1/8th scale that can get the body mounts of the SCT/MT410 and become 4s capable SC truck.

Those are rare though and the front arms are hard to find if you need to replace them. Every other part should have an upgrade path or availability from another model. Towers are the same as MT410 towers. The front arms are the issue.

Everything i hear about the SCT is that it is very strong. I would just run it on 4s as is and with a lower torqued motor (to save the driveline) like 3674 can in 1900kv to 2400kv.
thanks for that info. I like how you built that "unconventional raptor". that was a nice looking setup.

thanks Bill, excellent builds BTW, Ive been reading non stop these past few days debating, EB48, MT410, SCT410.3, monster SCT.......
So heres what i think i will do much like (chainsaw10?) did. I want to take the SCT and put EB48 arms, outdrives, driveshafts, hubs, spindles, etc. to make it a lot stronger chassis, with a fairly over powered motor. So as particular as I am, I would rebuild that used one with all new as you suggested.
Thanks!

Thanks for the kind thoughts.

The shorter arms on the SCT are going to be more durable provided you're running SCT wheels... if you're going to run larger MT wheels, then I think you'll be better off with the MT410 which is a beast and will be more cost effective to buy the kit than to frankenfit parts from a conversion.

Good Luck!

It comes down to the style of truck you want to run, I love long wheel base of the ET48 2.0 and it is a beast with a couple of upgrades, the mt410 is a great set-up, but it loves to flip and wheelie. The only experiences I've had with scts are they don't like to jump in wind and they tip over easily compared to the truggy style trucks, the body shells of the mt410 take a lot of the impact and I've found that with scts also.

doing flips and wheelies are what make bashing so much fun, I did have the pleasure of driving a MT410 once for a rebuild that I did and test drove it on the local track before shipping it back to the owner, towards the end of the clip I gained confidence to do some back flips off some jumps which can't be done with the ET48:

*** also note that about 3:15 into the clip, you can see the truck marshal itself, ha!

Last edited:
first off, I just dont like the look of the MT410, im not crazy about it, and i dont intend on doing back flips or huge jumps for massive air. Im also not in to the truggy look or the cost of that chassis. What a nice truck that MT is though.
Right now i own a losi 22s sct with a brushless hobbywing max sct and 3200KV 3660. Its great on the track i built in the back yard for it. So thats what I do with that personally, I dont really bash on it so to speak, because it would be too much frustration to constantly fix. I do that enough in routine maintanence on parts that probably shouldnt break anyway. Plus i put the trail boss body on it from proline and its way too puurdy to bust up.
Id really like to turn the sct410 into a db410. Thats the look im going for anyway. As far as what i really want to drive, I think thats more or less the setup Id like. I need something that could get through some snow, and i know the MT is that truck, Im just not sold on the big tires and extra long arms on the 1/10 scale chassis. One tooth down on the pinion and the 22s will wheelie freely, so Ive already got that one.
Maybe my argument on what I think i want or need is crumbling by what Im trying to say.

I do realize however, that to strengthen the drivetrain components to handle 2.8" tires and 17mm hex adapters, Im only another $100 away from an eb48 or et48. But $100 is a servo, or a set of tires, or a motor, or.... you get the point.

I feel it would be cheaper to buy a EB48 kit than to do a DB410 conversion:
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/tbuggys-db410.844/

Although TBuggy did his based on a .3 platform, I believe it can still be done with a 2.0

As far as bumpers go, simply get them from T Bone Racing:
https://tboneracing.net/collections.../tbr-basher-front-bumper-tekno-eb48-2-0-00066
the eb48 2.0 kit is at least $600, if i could find a .2,.3, used for a good deal I just might go that route. finding a 2.0 used is still costly but I'll keep an eye out.
Turning the SCT into a desert buggy would be about $80-$90 in heavier drivetrain parts plus a $400 kit. In that scenario I would not add the buggy arms or truggy chassis, It would just get the eb48's drivetrain components.
Of course electronics, tires, all that stuff gets added to which ever is purchased.
I'll take that advice and see what i can nab up!

Wow this is awesome to come across this post! I purchased that sct410.3 on eBay! I’ll be doing a build thread of it. Drive train smooth as new. Excited about 4x4 sct. I’ve been a 2wd sct driver for the last two years!

Very nice. I ended up wanting an eb48 for what I’m doing. There’s an individual on this forum that reached out to me and giving me a killer deal. Post up your build, I’d like to see what you do with it.

doing flips and wheelies are what make bashing so much fun, I did have the pleasure of driving a MT410 once for a rebuild that I did and test drove it on the local track before shipping it back to the owner, towards the end of the clip I gained confidence to do some back flips off some jumps which can't be done with the ET48:

*** also note that about 3:15 into the clip, you can see the truck marshal itself, ha!
My buddy and I bought this MT410 and an SCT from a guy named Rich in Desert Hot Springs lol He claimed you built them, and they looked well maintained for sure :)

Recent Popular Liked

Back