• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

New SCT 410 build motor and ESC availability

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kage

Reaction score
As a Green Newbie to RC Racing, everyone at the track recommends the HW XR8 SCT paired with HW 4300kw. Sounds good to me, but so far Ive seen online sites ' Discontinued', 'back ordered' etc etc. Does anybody know something, or is this an annual thing that happens frequently for a few weeks. Otherwise, maybe I better start looking towards Castle, Tekin or elsewhere.

To be more specific : Xerun XR8 SCT Pro is out of stock but the HW 4300kw is available. Im just wanting to stick with what everyone else is running. Nevertheless, if thats not an option, I want to get this thing done and to the track. Thanks for any input

Yep, seems they are B/O just about everywhere. Put yourself self on a “ notify me” list.
I’m running the same with 3600kv and so far so good.

Just ordered the 3600kv / Xerun XR8 SCT combo at the link. Thanks for the input and hopefully I get something delivered so I can at least make the track soon.

Just ordered the 3600kv / Xerun XR8 SCT combo at the link. Thanks for the input and hopefully I get something delivered so I can at least make the track soon.
Sweet! Congrats, that looks like a nice combo! I just finished building the sct410.3, great kit, great truck! I don't actually race but do run it on a track at my house. My brother and I race each other with all types of rc's. 1/10 to Xmaxx, we have most everything in between those sizes.
I built my sct out with rtr takeoff electronics.. max 10 sct 120a and a 3670 2600kv motor.
20t pinion on 3s is about all the power I can really use out of it.. of course I selected this combo for price first,$115 and 4s capability.
Not sure if it'll ever see 4s but nice to have the option.
Good luck, I think you'll find the combo to be plenty capable. Just remember the 4300kv spins a bit faster than the 3600kv you bought, so you'll likely need to go up a tooth or two to achieve the same top speed as say 4300kv. You should have a touch more low end torque though, which I happen to like myself.

Sweet! Congrats, that looks like a nice combo! I just finished building the sct410.3, great kit, great truck! I don't actually race but do run it on a track at my house. My brother and I race each other with all types of rc's. 1/10 to Xmaxx, we have most everything in between those sizes.
I built my sct out with rtr takeoff electronics.. max 10 sct 120a and a 3670 2600kv motor.
20t pinion on 3s is about all the power I can really use out of it.. of course I selected this combo for price first,$115 and 4s capability.
Not sure if it'll ever see 4s but nice to have the option.
Good luck, I think you'll find the combo to be plenty capable. Just remember the 4300kv spins a bit faster than the 3600kv you bought, so you'll likely need to go up a tooth or two to achieve the same top speed as say 4300kv. You should have a touch more low end torque though, which I happen to like myself.
Bad News, Inventory was off and my order was refunded/cancelled. Looks like the HW XR8 SCT is history. Unfortunately nobody takes my calls/emails in todays world for an update if any about any NEW releases to replace this ESC. Thankyou for your input, I may just forget about racing for now and just throw in anything just to practice. Thanks for mentioning what you have in your build.

Bad News, Inventory was off and my order was refunded/cancelled. Looks like the HW XR8 SCT is history. Unfortunately nobody takes my calls/emails in todays world for an update if any about any NEW releases to replace this ESC. Thankyou for your input, I may just forget about racing for now and just throw in anything just to practice. Thanks for mentioning what you have in your build.
Balls..as in sucks! Sorry bud. How about this link..maybe give them a call to verify inventory? Shows 2 in stock..3600kv.
https://superstitionhobbies.com/products/xr8-sct-pro-combo-3660sd-b?_pos=1&_sid=4371806d0&_ss=r

Don't give up yet!!
BTW, AZ is tax free..as is UT. Perhaps others as well, not sure.

You don't need to run what everyone at your track suggested to race and have fun. There are plenty of other brands and options. If you're new to racing there will plenty of other things to focus on before an esc is limiting you. Your vehicle control is going to be tops, not crashing, air control, proper racing lines and consistency just to name a few. Thats all going to come from getting out there and doing it. Refining your truck set up beyond the kit settings will take time also.

You might also want to consider not buying a combo so you have more options. Take a look around for the Max10 SCT if you want HW. Whatever you get you can change it out later if you want to as things become available. There are global shortages of electronic components used to build things like this so things will come and go.

Was having the same dilemma so emailed hobbywing and here is there response.

Thank you for contacting HOBBYWING.
I would be happy to assist you.

XR8 SCT was recently discontinued and is no longer available. There are no new replacement versions.
However, XR10 Legacy ESC and XR10 G2S ESC are popular ESCs that work with Xerun 3652 SD G2 motors and Xerun 3660 SD G2 motors.

We also have a combo available XR10 Pro Legacy Combo 3652/3660:

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/xr10-pro-legacy-combo-3652-3660?_pos=1&_sid=b0738c39c&_ss=r

Ordered a 4300 combo and it shipped next day. The even pit in one of the new MODULE-E Capacitor which also doubles as reverse polarity protection.

Recent Popular Liked

Back