• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

My slow truggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run the Fioroni Losi center diff case in one of my trucks and it's a VERY nice piece.

This is my grass destroyer. I started with a TP 4070 1440kv, then went to a Poseidon 1527 1500kv, and now I'm running a Cordova 1440 2000kv. I really like the higher kv motor from Cordova, the power is so violent and it runs so cool.

Cordova 1440 motor, 40x102mm, 631g, 2000kv
Yeah Racing heat sink/fans/shields
Castle 8mm & 6.5mm bullets, 8awg wires
20-25T pinion

View attachment 169

Castle MMX ESC
R1 Wurks fan, 30x30x15mm, 10g of thrust @ 8.4v
This fan blows a ton more air than the stock unit.

View attachment 172

The Proline Badlands are belted with fish line braid, which means zero ballooning. Without this, the tires would instantly explode.

View attachment 170

I'm running the Losi HD center diff in this one. It has metal inserts for durability and holds a lot more fluid than the stock Tekno case. The stock Tekno center diff turns into lava with this amount of power. This was installed a long time ago, before the M2C Tekno aluminum cases came out.

View attachment 171

I'm running the Turnigy Graphene 6S 5000mah 65C batteries. This battery can handle the massive amount of current produced and doesn't run hot.

View attachment 173

A low sitting front end and T-Bone wheelie bar keeps this truggy under control.

View attachment 174

I have a T-Bone bumper on the front incase any small animals get in the way :)

View attachment 168

I was going to ask why you are running the Losi center diff rather than the M2C Racing version, but as i continued to read, you answered it already. I run all 3 M2C aluminum diffs in all 3 of my Tekno rigs and couldnt be happier, plus i dont see how anyone could possibly blow one up with motor power alone, plus with the more than double fluid capacity over stock i noticed right away that they never run hot. I especially like how the center diff cases are threaded like a large bolt on the outside to act as a spinning heat sink also. Once i ordered the first set for ly ET48.3, i ordered the full set for both the SCT410.3 and EB48.4 at the same time as the kits qhen i ordered them a couple weeks later. I would say that they are nearly required upgrades if you run big power in these rigs and dont want to blow up or boil especially your center diff fluid or cases. Although i dont have the motor setups like you, i do sometimes run 6s with my Tekin Gen3 2650 kv buggy motors in the SCT and EB along with the 2200kv truggy version in the ET, so all 3 have more than enough power and speed. I couldn't imagine having any more than what mine have, especially on 6s. If you have never seen an SCT410.3 with a 2650kv on 6s, it is absolutely nuts being that its so light lol. Because of the big body its a challenge to keep it from parachuting and simply lifting off at around 50 mph or above, even with tons of air relief holes onnthe back end of the body. With my "scale" raptor body which has no holes, even the 4s setup is difficult to keep it on the ground haha.

Yeah the M2C cases are awesome, I have one in my buggy. Having double the oil capacity really keeps heat down and the aluminum case protects from rocks. 2650kv with 6S sounds like fun. (y)

Yeah the M2C cases are awesome, I have one in my buggy. Having double the oil capacity really keeps heat down and the aluminum case protects from rocks. 2650kv with 6S sounds like fun. (y)

Hey Overkill, what are you running for diff oils in that “slow” truggy?

I am running 80/300/50 f/c/r and it feels too heavy in the rear for sure. I am still debating whether to come down in the front. My center diff melted when I had 80k so I bumped to 300k to reduce heat in the center. I might come down in the center but would also need to turn down the torque in the esc.

But interesting to hear overkill is running such modest oil weights.

I am always surprised when I read about guys who run truly remarkable weights (500k, 1m).

You can run lower weights if you have a larger center diff that has a large oil capacity, you don't have to worry about melting the case. The higher in weight you go the more RWD it feels and the lower you go the more 4WD it feels. To a point, you can't go too low. When you're putting down 3000+ watts off-road, I like some control and stability.

60F/100C/30R
I’ll be rebuilding my mt410 this weekend with the m2c wide chassis. Just received my m2c center diff case and 4092 1730kv leopard motor. Ordered the exotek fan mount also. Now I have an idea of where to start with the diff tuning. Thanks for the info and your great build thread!

Tray? You have to order the rear bumper to be able to mount it. You can adjust the angle of the bumper with a heat gun. I don't use mine anymore.

My original TP 4070 busted the end cap open when I was driving on a BMX track. While I was waiting for replacement parts I ordered the Poseidon 1527 and ran that for a while. I wanted to try a higher kv motor and found a good deal on the Cordova. Cordova is well known for stuffing the most amount of copper wire that can physically fit inside the can.

Yes and yes.
@Overkill how did you find the TP 4070 1700kv while you were running it ?? Would you consider it a reliable setup with the stock kit even though you busted the end cap?? Is upgrading diffs a must ? I am thinking of assembling an alternate set up for a bit more of crazy power on my ET48 and I am considering many options, starting from a more traditional EzRun or Caste 1515 2200kv on the rx8 esc, all the way to something more radical with a tp setup and MMX. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:
@Overkill how did you find the TP 4070 1700kv while you were running it ?? Would you consider it a reliable setup with the stock kit even though you busted the end cap?? Is upgrading diffs a must ? I am thinking of assembling an alternate set up for a bit more of crazy power on my ET48 and I am considering many options, starting from a more traditional EzRun or Caste 1515 2200kv on the rx8 esc, all the way to something more radical with a tp setup and MMX. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!
I prefer the higher kv motors (higher rpm). It was very reliable when I ran it. It all depends on how much power you're putting down, there's a huge difference between a 15T and 30T pinion of course. I've been pushing these harder and harder over the years and have found the stock gearbox with small pinion bearings to be the biggest weakness when you're at the highest level. I run the All Racing aluminum gearboxes with larger 5x15x5 pinion bearings and beefy 7075 construction. The diff gears themselves are bullet proof.

I prefer the higher kv motors (higher rpm). It was very reliable when I ran it. It all depends on how much power you're putting down, there's a huge difference between a 15T and 30T pinion of course. I've been pushing these harder and harder over the years and have found the stock gearbox with small pinion bearings to be the biggest weakness when you're at the highest level. I run the All Racing aluminum gearboxes with larger 5x15x5 pinion bearings and beefy 7075 construction. The diff gears themselves are bullet proof.
Thanks for your reply @Overkill, as always that’s some great data. By higher kv what kv range would you mean, say something around the 1900-2200 or even more ? Taking note on the gearboxes and I totally agree on the diff gears. Im currently rebuilding a rolled sct410 for a db48 project and, even though unfortunately it turned out to be quite more beaten up than I expected, diff gears are in absolutely great condition.
Doubling down on power for my et48.3 will probably be left for next year. For now I think I will experiment with esc settings and instead of going with the 17t pinion will gear it down to 15t.
I think that will work better with the arrma minokawa tires Im planning on running now that Ive dropped in the offset hubs.
I think the 17t with the 2250 tekin setup might be a little bit risky for intensive bashing sessions, plus low on torque. The good ole 15t should still be a good all round performer. Will just have to try it out.
Thanks again ⚡

Thanks for your feedback @Overkill ! That’s a good recepie for a really fast ET. Might try some different set up like that in the future. For now Im quite happy with how it delivered on past weekend session. I finally kept the 17t pinion on with the Katar wheels and damn it was a good boost in speed compared to the 16t . I just needed to try that out and Im glad I did cause now It is pretty much in tune with what I was looking for with this rig, loved how it handled. Forgot the temp gun but did several hand tests, motor cool esc hot but not to the point you couldn’t keep your hand. Next session I’ll make sure to take it .

Dear God that is so inspiring. Thank you. Random question. You think a tekno diff will fit in my Kraton EXB? The rear diff is such trash. Apologies if seems impoaing. You just have a wealth of knowledge and I am planning on building a et out of mt since they're discointinued. Thnx.

Recent Popular Liked

Back