• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

My non-conventional Raptor basher build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET48
  3. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Hi all,

My wife thinks it is time I stop buying RCs, I say it is time I post something on this section of the forum! ?

I discovered the hobby two and half years ago, bought a few Traxxas, upgraded them a LOT, was disappointed with the final result, discovered Tekno, sold my Traxxas stuff and rebuilt a full Tekno lineup!

This one is the last build, a tribute to my Slash Ultimate, who never got the Raptor body and which I end up selling because it never delivered to its promise.

Objectives of the build:
  • Build a strong basher that retains a scale look
  • 1/8 scale
  • reliable and fast around homemade tracks
I always liked how the narrower tires / buggies drive and wanted to keep that precise steering which makes for a refined driving experience.

Technical choices:
  • Get an unbreakable body:
    • They are ugly but they are tough! There is no way an SCT body will survive the punishment of a heavy 1/8 scale SCT!
    • I found a way to make it look a bit better, by getting the unbreakable body in white and by using markers to highlight the details. We will see how this survives the passing of time
Here is the result, not great, but durable! (Looks actually better in real life, should have lowered the picture resolution ?)
IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

• The EB48.2
    • The EB48.2 uses the shorter towers that allow to fit the body mounts and nicely fit under the hood. This is essentially an MT410 with buggy arms
    • Arms are longer than SCT, but that actually only highlights the aggressive stance of the Raptor
    • Rather than modifying one of my rigs, which would have been very costly with parts tike towers and shocks involved, I just bought a used EB48.2 and refreshed it!
    • The chassis came in so thin, I decided to strenghen the chassis with some M2C goodness and added braces as well as AllRacing front steering plate.
    • the bumpers are from the SCT410 / MT410 and are made even more durable with that piece of foam mod
    • I used my usual trick with chassis protection
IMG_2119.JPG

• Electronics are very straightforward:
    • Castle Mamba Monster X, because it is great!
    • Cheap $33 - 4076 motor 2000kv from ebay, it is too good to be true. Was planning on upgrading it. Still on the fence since it is giving me absolutely no reasons to do so
    • Savox 2274 - awesome servo - brushless, quick and strong
and of course, some markings in the bed to show that it is still a Tekno!!!!

IMG_2117 2.jpg

I can tell you this thing not only is a blast to drive but is also tough!! Zero worry and 100% fun!!!
IMG_2115.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2120.JPG
    IMG_2120.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 447
Pretty smart idea with getting the body white I def will be considering doing that when I get an unbreakable body.

I use to have traxxas erevo heavy modified and it broke on many runs I've yet to go home and my Tekno is not running it's always small things that dont even break and would just pop off or something. def have to give it to tekno they are bad ass.

The tekno logo in the bed is bad ass nice going keep up the good work and keep us updated see you around now.

Pretty smart idea with getting the body white I def will be considering doing that when I get an unbreakable body.

I use to have traxxas erevo heavy modified and it broke on many runs I've yet to go home and my Tekno is not running it's always small things that dont even break and would just pop off or something. def have to give it to tekno they are bad ass.

The tekno logo in the bed is bad ass nice going keep up the good work and keep us updated see you around now.
Markers do fade-away TBH. Will have to refresh them. But the body will last forever, super durable. Only way for a body to survive 1/8 scale and 4s punishment.

This is perfect because I have spare 1/8 scale stuff that is killing me not to have in a rig and sitting on the shelf

Motor
ESC
Steering servo
8 sets of buggy wheels and tires

my son likes the look of the sct but after running 1/8 scale on my track compared to 1/10 there is no going back

just so I am getting this right it’s a eb48 with bumpers and arms off a sct410 and buggy wheels and tires

This is perfect because I have spare 1/8 scale stuff that is killing me not to have in a rig and sitting on the shelf

Motor
ESC
Steering servo
8 sets of buggy wheels and tires

my son likes the look of the sct but after running 1/8 scale on my track compared to 1/10 there is no going back

just so I am getting this right it’s a eb48 with bumpers and arms off a sct410 and buggy wheels and tires

It is an EB48.2 all stock. It happens to have the same towers as the MT410, so I used the body posts on the towers as a direct fit.
The arms are buggy arms so a tad longer than SCT. Gives the truck an aggressive stance.
Ended up with the t bone racing bumpers from the SCT410.

If you are starting from a different buggy version, like .3 or .4, you can alternatively use the body posts from The Arrma Notorious. They will require to drill the shock tower, but will work great.
Don’t bother with stock bumpers, go straight to T-Bone Racing as this is going to be a heavy and fast SC Truck.

If I had to do it again, I would go with the Proline Bash Armor body. Might end up this way anyhow.

Ok thanks for that brake down

I also was looking into the proline bash bodies. do you think the slash body would fit the measurements look close. Or stick with the erevo

My used eb48.4 showed up today to start the 1/8 sct project

t-bone front and rear bumper are on the way still need to order Arrma body mounts and proline bash slash body

Wondering what wt diff and shock oil you would recommend. Or will factory spec be ok

My used eb48.4 showed up today to start the 1/8 sct project

t-bone front and rear bumper are on the way still need to order Arrma body mounts and proline bash slash body

Wondering what wt diff and shock oil you would recommend. Or will factory spec be ok
I wish I had ordered the Proline bash armor, probably be my next upgrade. I also have upgraded to the T-Bone bumpers.

I am running 10/10/7k in the diffs (close to stock) and stock shock oil but with the shocks attached further out on the shock tower. That helps compensate some of the extra weight.

10-4 thanks for the info

my son is very excited for this next build thanks for the great idea

Just seeing this but what a cool build! I’d like to do a truck build like this also or a SCT. I’m kind of going that way, some of my other RC didn’t deliver, so Im selling them to make room for the good ones I want. And I like kit building and wrenching. anyways cool build looks great ?

Recent Popular Liked

Back