• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

My ET48 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sebcbien

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. ET48
  3. MT410
  4. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
Hello,
After owning pre-build TEKNO Trucks, I finaly ordered a ET48 2.0 Kit.
The first question I have is for the diff oils.
I will drive my ET48 as a basher and from time to time "race" with friends on a buggy 1/8 dirt track.
Here some pics of the track
I have in stock 50K 30K 20K and 10K diff oil.
I'm planning to put 50 front/50 center/20 rear.
What do you think ?
Thanks !

It depends what kind of bashing. Some have 60-500-30. Other 50-100-20.

In my case I’ve used the oil I have. 60-500-30

I do light bashing with kids, BMX park, small jumps (2meter height), I like some wheelies.
The difficulty is to not go too high to still be able to run on a track.
I drove on this track with my MT410 with stock fluid ans it was ok.
I drove with my kraton 6S exb and it was a nightmare in turns, with the E-Revo, better but still not adapted at all, a little better for the Outcast 6S.

Last edited:
Try 50-50-30, for balance I think you'd find 20 to be on the light side.. especially when bashing. 60-70-40 would be my choice if you had the oil.

You don't need to worry about the Tekno turning like the Arrma, the stock oils are fine for light bashing, where you'll have a problem is if you want to use 6s and doing a lot of heavy acceleration, it will bled a lot of power to the front, if your doing a lot of backflips and wanting to hold long wheelies, you will want to run a heavier center.

You could always build a second center diff with heavier oil say 200-500k and throw that in when you go bashing, then put the stock one in when you're at the track.

I run 200k in my center for bashing and even on 6s it is plenty for me, the car still turns in no problem at all. You're camber and toe will effect your turning than the center diff weight. Of course the lighter the oil it will turn more easily, but you can get enough from other adjustments. Even running big 6s truggy wheels and with the steering limiting screws adjusted with spaces installed I can turn the car without any issues at all.

Thanks for all your advice, it helps a lot !

Recent Popular Liked

Back