• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Mt410 kit on the way, quick question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandrew

Reaction score
Hello all new member and new to RC, have a few RTR's and tinker repair them as needed but figured what better way to get familiar with all the aspects then to build my own. Consdering i enjoy tinkering/moding the ones I have arguably even more then driving them i figure its a no brainer. Saw the MT was on sale and bought one without hesitation...until today that is.
Have two questions.
1. After thinking about it i figure the sale must in fact be due to a newer model coming soon, should i be weary of dumping a ton of time/money into a rig that is about to be replaced? Or be happy i got a nice deal on a sweet truck, my mind cant decide....
2.thinking of electronics my original intention was to build a mild fairly stock 4s machine, but knowing me i will most likely go nutty upgrading likely as im building it, adding alot of weight i.e. M2c bracing, shock towers etc. would i be better off going for 6s train of thought or would a 4s combo still be enough to blast with the extra weight??

You will love building that kit!

1/ As long as people buy it, Tekno will support it. This generation is probably a better basher than the newer 2.0 trucks.

2/ That's really a good question. I personally think 4s is plenty, some other may say it's 6s or nothing. At the end of the day, it really depends on what is your priority. My priorities are reliability and durability. You do not need to go crazy on the m2c upgrades to build a strong truck. My trucks are fairly stock and very reliable due to the reasonable 4s power I'm running.

On the other hand, nothing wrong in building a 70mph speed basher on 8s. To each his objectives.

Welcome to the forum and the hobby.
IDK why the MT and SCT have been on sale for so long, perhaps just slow movers, the sct segment has diminished quite a bit, and with these 2 vehicles being the only ones that haven't been redesigned in several years, no telling.
I agree with @Nicochau , as long as they're in demand, Tekno will at least make the parts for the foreseeable future. I'm not too worried about it, just bought the sct410.3 a month ago, love it.
I have the MT410 as well.
With regards to power, 4s certainly fits my needs, but 6s can be intoxicating and I understand why people like it. Check out Duperbash on YT, pretty sure he only runs 4s and he sends it big time.
You really don't have to choose between 4 or 6s, any respectable system can run both.
Knowing you'll want 6s capability, you should select a motor of 2200kv or less. 4274 can size fits well, can get a slightly longer motor in but it's tight. Of course M2C makes an esc relocation bracket which will allow a longer can motor to be installed.
You can change those things down the road if you feel the need, ( or now).

Echo ⬆️
This is what I’m running on 4s and it’s very satisfying. Mines completely stock and is holding up well.
B3DF6E15-E847-4884-816A-7D461D120A46.png

Echo ⬆️
This is what I’m running on 4s and it’s very satisfying. Mines completely stock and is holding up well.View attachment 8856
Yup, that's a sweet combo for the mt410. I just switched mine from a 2050kv blx to the Tenshock 2200kv..just thought it might be a better use of the Tenshock 2200..had it in a mojave exb. Going to give it a thorough test this weekend.😎

As others have said the Tekno lineup are awesome and run great either 4s or 6s.
I originally built mine as 6s with a spare Arrma power system I had lying around ( I had no 4s batteries at the time ) soon upgraded to a Max8 esc but still using the Arrma BLX motor, and let me tell you this thing is nuts on 6s..!!
The thing is though the MT410 is so light compared with general RTR's and it really doesn't need 6s to be awesome..!! 😎
I'm currently sourcing parts to rebuild mine into a dedicated 4s rig, now that I have plenty of 4s batteries it's time to make a nice light MT410..

I'm currently sourcing parts to rebuild mine into a dedicated 4s rig, now that I have plenty of 4s batteries it's time to make a nice light MT410..
What will you be changing? Just curious. I love the MT410 on 4s, it's a perfect balance of power and precision IMO.

I made some custom body mounts from aluminum angle and added a t2t brace, otherwise bone stock. The body mounts are pretty redneck TBH..but haven't broken one yet.
Here's a couple pictures from a while back..

Attachments

• Resized_20201226_155138.jpeg
    Resized_20201226_155138.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 97
  • Resized_20201226_154935.jpeg
    Resized_20201226_154935.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Resized_20201226_154942.jpeg
    Resized_20201226_154942.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 96
Motor and esc, possibly a new body too :cool:
Cool, can't wait to see what it looks like..you do such nice work.🍻
I'm about to replace the body on my mt410 too. The one pictured above is barely staying on these days..guess what's going on it? The exact same body,LOL.. I bought 3 of them!!🤣🤣
I couldn't pass em up, $26 a piece..

Thanks for the info guys, cheez is that the G2 max 8 and does it fit normally or you had to relocate the esc? Also what is the benefits to a larger can lower temps? If you get a larger can do you keep the kv the same or adjust either way?

Thanks for the info guys, cheez is that the G2 max 8 and does it fit normally or you had to relocate the esc? Also what is the benefits to a larger can lower temps? If you get a larger can do you keep the kv the same or adjust either way?
Yes it is , fits fine. The power switch can actually be routed under the center diff to the other side (just barely) or add an extension. Gonna reroute it next time I tear it down.
image.jpg

Yes it is , fits fine. The power switch can actually be routed under the center diff to the other side (just barely) or add an extension. Gonna reroute it next time I tear it down.View attachment 8866
The problem is not the new ESC , Max8 G2. It’s the 78mm can that comes with it. I don’t see a lot of room for the extra 4mm of the new motor.

The problem is not the new ESC , Max8 G2. It’s the 78mm can that comes with it. I don’t see a lot of room for the extra 4mm of the new motor.
Agreed, the picture that @Cheez shared above pretty much sums it up. I wouldn't be comfortable with the esc and motor actually touching each other before you even turn it on. LOL

Yes it is , fits fine. The power switch can actually be routed under the center diff to the other side (just barely) or add an extension. Gonna reroute it next time I tear it down.View attachment 8866
I have the blx185 in mine, the power switch wires are to short to really reach a good mounting point.. I have already had to repair them once.

Recent Popular Liked

Back