• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Just ordered the MT410. First KIT!

adamkiz

Reaction score
Hello,

I just ordered my first Kit RC. I have a old nitro tmaxx and recently converted a revo 3.3 to brushless. And because the 3 times I took it out something broke, I decided to start fresh and just order something a bit stronger.

So I have been reading through the forums and I am trying to decide what motor and ESC I should get. I am not sure what I need. I am very excited to put the kit together and hopefully will have the time to sell off the old RC's and then I will be able to afford the rest of the parts to get this kit rolling. I find the wife approval factor of dropping huge amounts of money on "toys" easier if it is parted out over time.

I am looking forward to getting started.

Thanks

Adam

PrimaRC

Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
Very exciting mate, the mt410 is a really cool car, it has loads of aftermarket support also.

I've been really impressed with the Castle Creations Mamba Monster X 8s ESC and 1520 1650Kv motor combo in my ET48 2.0 Basher. I'm not sure if this is a bit big for the MT410 though?

Have fun and hope you can sell your old stuff.

nub

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. MT410
  3. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
It's a fun truck. Hobbywing XR8 or more budget minded Max8. Castle MonsterX or more budget and size friendly MambaX are common esc choices. The data logging on the Castle systems is nice on the initial runs to see temps for the motor and esc over time to get the gearing set up. On 4S which is plenty in my opinion a motor in the 1800-2200KV range is more than fast enough. I have the MambaX with 2200KV and 15T pinion and clock 43mph on a rough hard packed dirt road. With a heatsink and fans the motor has seen a max temp of 136F on a 95F day

adamkiz

Reaction score
I was thinking about this combo for motor and esc.

https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/m...hless-4-pole-motor-includes-program-card.html

but it comes in 1550, 1750, 2000, 2200KV flavors.

I am just not seeing the 100-150$ more for the mamba/ castle. I am obviously new to this so I don't know what I don't know.

I will run it on 4s but I would like the 6s option. As for temps I am in Colorado so not to hot out most of the time.