• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Monster EB48.3 buggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overkill

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
After building nothing but monster truggies over the years I decided to build a monster buggy this time.

AllRacing 7075 aluminum gearboxes

These are machined very nicely and the 7075 material is awesome. Most other gearboxes for other brands use weaker 6061 material. They also use larger bearings which will increase durability. They do require some additional parts but it will be worth it in the end. They come with metal sealed bearings and sleeves, but I used rubber sealed bearings from Boca.

Rear bearings, 5x15x5
Front bearings, 5x13x4, 5x12x4

Buggy18.png

For the best mesh, I used 2-3 shims all on the left side of each gearbox.

Buggy15.png

You'll need shorter screws which I have marked below.

Buggy9.png

For MT/EB users, you'll need a shorter center rear driveshaft, because they increased the bearing width on the rear gearbox. With the increased bearing width you lose 2mm of driveshaft free play, which is a recipe for a bent driveshaft if left alone. This is a shorter Serpent driveshaft, part # 600945. I shaved off the ends making them flat and now it's at 28mm total length, which is perfect.

Buggy12.png

Arrma Typhon 5mm CVD driveshafts

These install just as easily as my ET/MT driveshaft mod.

Parts used:
Arrma Typhon CVD driveshaft, AR310455
Arrma Talion stub axle, AR310487
Arrma barrell & pin, AR310452
8x14x_ shims behind the wheel hex
(2) 8x16x5 bearings in the hub (same way you install universals)
Custom ring retainer for covering the pin (contact me if you need some)

As you can see they're much thicker.

3.6mm vs 5mm

Buggy11.png

Serpent +7mm wheel hexes, part # 600426

An extended wheel hex is required when using MX28 wheels/tires. Serpent and Arrma are some of the only few RC companies that use 2.5mm pins, everyone else uses 3mm.

Buggy2.png

Now we have clearance, so the wheel doesn't hit the hub.

Buggy6.png

Proline Badlands MX28 w/removable hex
5.05" height
2.70" width

Buggy13.png

These new wheels from Proline are really cool, you can replace damaged hexes or change the offset.

Buggy14.png

M2C center to rear chassis brace
M2C rear chassis brace
M2C center chassis brace
M2C lower rear tower brace
VRP 7075 center rod brace
Tekno 7075 center diff mount

Buggy16.png

Buggy17.png

Buggy1.png

Buggy10.png

Last edited:
Nice work!

I ran across a set of those aluminum bulkheads on eBay and almost pulled the trigger. I know in the long run I'll get them. I'll probably do it when I do a teardown for maintenance.

What you've done here will be a great guide.

Ive been waiting for someone to do this! This is awesome! What center diff cup is that?

Fioroni Tekno

Nice work!

I ran across a set of those aluminum bulkheads on eBay and almost pulled the trigger. I know in the long run I'll get them. I'll probably do it when I do a teardown for maintenance.

What you've done here will be a great guide.
Thanks

How do you like that center diff compared to the M2C one? I have been looking for an M2C in stock and can't find one this might be what I go with if you like the build quality
They’re both really nice, you can’t go wrong with either. I like to support M2C, but I also like to try all the center diffs on the market. I do have to say that Fioroni cheaped out on the Tekno case, compared to the Losi case which also fits the Tekno. They made the screw holes exposed to oil unlike the Losi, they didn’t put heat sink fins on it like the Losi has, and it’s not a nice gold color like the Losi.

That my friend is sick! I agree, I think Tekno has the best looking buggy and truggy on the market.

Ok now for some questions.

What did you wrap the tires with?

Do you have a link for the diff cases?

Do they make cases for the ET or do they work on both?

Have you ran it yet? Do you have videos? Which do you like better? The EB or ET?

That my friend is sick! I agree, I think Tekno has the best looking buggy and truggy on the market.

Ok now for some questions.

What did you wrap the tires with?

Do you have a link for the diff cases?

Do they make cases for the ET or do they work on both?

Have you ran it yet? Do you have videos? Which do you like better? The EB or ET?
Thanks. I use kevlar braid on the tires, it's super strong. I ordered the gearboxes directly from Tang @ AllRacing, my only contact with him is through FB. You can also contact Zack Wagner in the USA at [email protected] and there's also some on ebay. The ET/EB/MT all use the same gearbox. I'm still building the buggy, I have electronics left.

I just ordered the aluminum bulkheads on eBay a moment ago. Shipping is roughly two to four weeks, but I don't plan on installing them immediately. They'll go in the pile for when I do tear my MT410 down.

Then again, you know how that goes.

Castle MMX ESC
w/Yeah Racing aluminum case 30mm booster fan

GoolRC 4076 2000kv Motor

It's quite amazing that all of this stuff fits under the EB body, there's no room left anywhere lol.

Cool build as usual!

How’d you find the YR fans I prefer the R1’s over he stock YR but am still to try the alu case model you have there.

Also how did you customise the MX fan mount to accept the fan?

Any reason behind the motor choice? I know by your namesake you like to upscale the motors I’m leaning towards the MX/1515 (2200) in my build.

Thanks. The YR aluminum case fans are very durable, they've held up great to a lot of hard hits. I just had the motor laying around, it runs really good. Also, it was the best motor deal on the planet, I paid around $35 shipped for it on ebay, brand new.

I wrote a tutorial on how to mount the fan here - https://www.teknoforums.com/threads...rable-and-larger-fan-on-your-castle-mmx.1129/

^ great I’ll have a read.

Yes from what I’ve heard those motors are very good VFM

Interested to see how it goes

The included aluminum sway bar holder has a lot of play. My buggy has 2.4mm sway bars so I used some 2.4x4mm tubing and cut it in half, which makes the sway bar 0.8mm thicker and now it has zero play.

I cut out the windshield and the back panels for some much needed airflow.

Awesome build as always!! Makes me want to build one.

Could all this also be done with an EB48.4 roller?
> Aluminum Diff case bulkheads
> Arrma bigger drive shafts

Last edited:
Thanks. The aluminum gearboxes can be used on any EB/ET/MT. I don't think the Arrma CVD's can be used on the .4 model because they use a different style hub that doesn't have the necessary inner bearing housing (8x16x5). I don't know if you can make the .3 hubs work on the .4.

Recent Popular Liked

Back