• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

2.8 1/10 Monster Truck tires on EB48?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those would definitely work and thank you for the suggestions but I am not having any issues using the 2.8 trenchers with the tekno +2mm adaptors. But if someone is looking for a much wider stance than those would be a great option!
I’m still puzzled by how you fit these Trenchers. ?

I have EB48.4 with:
2.8 Trenchers
+10mm offset hexes (red cats)
And it still does not clear properly on full steer!

Edit: here is where they rub
E538C306-100F-4C94-8B4B-6A3374965E5D.jpeg

I ordered 3.2 rpm revolver rims and hope that will help settle things. But that is extra work fitting the trenchers on those larger rims... wasn’t expecting so much hustle...

Last edited:
They are mounted on f-11 nitro rear wheels on all four corners.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/prolin...-nitro-rear-wheels-2-black-pro1170-18/p708333

Not sure what rims you are using but there is clearance at full throw in either direction. Here are a couple pics at full throw in either direction. You can see its close but there is plenty of clearance. The rims don't show any rub marks on the inside from running either.

Pics from underneath.
To the left
IMG_0557.JPG

To the right
IMG_0558.JPG

I’m still puzzled by how you fit these Trenchers. ?

I have EB48.4 with:
2.8 Trenchers
+10mm offset hexes (red cats)
And it still does not clear properly on full steer!

Edit: here is where they rub
View attachment 3855

I ordered 3.2 rpm revolver rims and hope that will help settle things. But that is extra work fitting the trenchers on those larger rims... wasn’t expecting so much hustle...

Just realized you said .4, mine is basically a .3 you have captured threw outer hinge pins on the carriers and the .3 does not. Maybe you can reverse the screw you are using so the nut is on the backside? Just a thought since I don't have a .4 to compare against. Nevermind I just looked at the .4 manual and it is threaded on both sides. Maybe there is another manufacturer that makes a captured pin that would be lower profile?

Last edited:
2.8 on 48.4

Attachments

• received_2218369965131936.jpeg
    received_2218369965131936.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 257
I'm resurrecting this looking for suggestions on how to make MX28 Badlands (2.8 Wheel Diameter) fit the EB48 2.0.

I bought some Kyosho 11mm offsets which barely made the front work, but the back is completely jammed in multiple spots. The Badlands already have 17mm hub adapters that are offset about half way inside the wheel.

My questions are:
1) is there just a better wheel with a 3.3 in diameter made for buggies? I bought the badland buggy wheels to hold me over, but wanted something wider like these MX28 monster wheels. I've searched pretty far and wide, but no luck yet.

2) is there a better extender I should look at instead? I'm guessing I need 15mm offset at least, but maybe that might not even work.

IMG_5437.jpg

IMG_5440.jpg

IMG_5444.jpg

I have found running proline 3.8 LP trenchers or badlands work ok on the EB48 2.0/2.1 platform. Still need ET48 2.0 17mm hexes.

I have found running proline 3.8 LP trenchers or badlands work ok on the EB48 2.0/2.1 platform. Still need ET48 2.0 17mm hexes.
I guess that's a solution (I have them on the ET48 so could try), but I was hoping to get this to work with a slightly smaller tire...

Recent Popular Liked

Back