• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Largest spur et48?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smirkracing

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
New to the et48 and trying to get a slightly larger steel spur gear. Can anyone tell me that highest tooth count that will fit?

I am running pretty large tires and I am not able to gear down as much as I’d like. I figure making the spur a little bigger will help. The motor mount doesn’t slide in far enough to let me run 12 or 13 tooth pinions so if the spur is larger it should help with that issue.

6831A41C-4A50-4EA0-8EBC-15B6E530008B.jpeg

45T is about the largest that will fit, but with extreme chassis flex the spur may hit the chassis. In order to go larger, you would have to space up the motor mount/cd mount/top plate/brace or cut a slot out in the chassis for the spur.

They make a 46t and 48t for the NT48 so not sure if or what mods you would need to make so they fit in the ET. Probably what @Overkill just suggested. Otherwise you have your standard 44t.

Maybe someone has experimented with other brand spur gears that can be compatible with Tekno. I would be interested to know if anyone has.

Has anyone ever done any compatibility tests?

Recent Popular Liked

Back