• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 Keeping dirt out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Islandlife

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone does anything to keep dirt/debris out of the chassis on their short course trucks.
Im waiting for a sct410 2.0 kit to arrive, obviously there wont be aftermarket options specific to that kit yet.

On my arrma senton i have the scorched rc inner fenders. kind of expensive after shipping for what they are, but they definitely do help keep a lot of stuff out of the tub.

On my AE pro4 sc10 i run the stock chassis sock, which works even better than the inner fenders on the senton. Although, it is slightly more annoying to deal with when swapping batteries, etc.

I read on some forum about somebody running a buggy body underneath the short course body to keep stuff out. Im sure that works great, but if its actually held on with its own set of body posts and clips, im out!
Maybe velcro or something would work.

Thoughts?

Body or even better a Dusty cover + velcro around the edges, ditch the nerf bars.

Those were the threads i read!
Obviously my search skills are about as good as my driving skills….
Thanks rustyus!

Ill give it some thought while i wait for my kit to arrive, but im leaning towards the dusty cover, should be marginally lighter, and allow more air flow i think.

I'll tell you what, if I do decide to keep my SCT410.3, I'm opening up the backend/sides to let debris slide/work its way out. My EB48 2.0 has been great running amongst little pebbles that are scattered throughout backyard track. The openness of the buggy's chassis, at the rear, plays a key role in my happiness.

The openness of the ET410, and SCT410SL is a bonus as well IMHO. I had such good luck with my ET410 that I automatically had to get the SCT410SL. I do run into a situation, maybe once a year, where a pebble takes out the spur gear.

I'll tell you what, if I do decide to keep my SCT410.3, I'm opening up the backend/sides to let debris slide/work its way out. My EB48 2.0 has been great running amongst little pebbles that are scattered throughout backyard track. The openness of the buggy's chassis, at the rear, plays a key role in my happiness.

The openness of the ET410, and SCT410SL is a bonus as well IMHO. I had such good luck with my ET410 that I automatically had to get the SCT410SL. I do run into a situation, maybe once a year, where a pebble takes out the spur gear.
I was thinking about this just now and realized, my db48 has a slot cut out in the chassis under the spur gear to spit out debris if it ever gets in that area. I didnt cut the slot, the PO did, but it seems to work, I may do this and your suggestion about opening the sides at the rear to my sct410.3

Almost done putting together my sct 2.0,
I ended up modifying the scorched rc inner fenders from my arrma senton to fit the tekno.
It honestly did not take much to get them to work. Had to clearance the rear a bit to fit under the proline flotek fusion body, and trim the area where the nerf bars would mount.

IMG_2799.jpeg

Almost done putting together my sct 2.0,
I ended up modifying the scorched rc inner fenders from my arrma senton to fit the tekno.
It honestly did not take much to get them to work. Had to clearance the rear a bit to fit under the proline flotek fusion body, and trim the area where the nerf bars would mount.

View attachment 9931
Where did you get the mount for the on/off button? I need that!

Recent Popular Liked

Back