• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

How Is the Stock Receiver Box For Keeping Out Water?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandblaster

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
  2. MT410
  3. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
Not talking about swimming, more like wet. grass and roads. Will the stock work or does one need to replace with a waterproof box?

I use clear silicone (E6000) to fill the gaps and that will make it water resistant to suit your needs:
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/build-review-eb48-2-0.1864/post-15893

1663523785668.png

Thanks for the response and picture. Compared your box the the stock formed in the side rail. The stock box has so many holes, decided to go another way. It is nothing like yours. Have at least two trucks I want to run in the rainy season. Had order these boxes of Amazon. Was not sure but after this install, I like them. Only need to come up with a way to seal the lid over the wires. Very thin foam and grease maybe the way Traxxas does it. Easy mod. Did not take long. Can see the receiver number and light which is nice.

Attachments

• IMG_2061.jpeg
    IMG_2061.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2062.jpeg
    IMG_2062.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 99
Thanks for the response and picture. Compared your box the the stock formed in the side rail. The stock box has so many holes, decided to go another way. It is nothing like yours. Have at least two trucks I want to run in the rainy season. Had order these boxes of Amazon. Was not sure but after this install, I like them. Only need to come up with a way to seal the lid over the wires. Very thin foam and grease maybe the way Traxxas does it. Easy mod. Did not take long. Can see the receiver number and light which is nice.
Interested. Do you have a link or model # for that box?

If the link does not work, search for waterproof rc receiver box.

I mean it shouldn't be hard to beat the current "waterproofing" of my MT410 and SCT410 boxes. It's non-existent. I wasn't planning on running my teknos in the wet for this reason, but perhaps I might consider this option when the rainy months don't stop later this year. (y)

First was on the M2C mt410 chassis. Lots of room. This one installed on ET48.3 chassis. Little tighter. Though I should show it for those considering. Used a Dremel with small saw blade to trim in frame. Had to move it back to clean the center diff.

Attachments

• IMG_2064.jpeg
    IMG_2064.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2065.jpeg
    IMG_2065.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2066.jpeg
    IMG_2066.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2069.jpeg
    IMG_2069.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2067.jpeg
    IMG_2067.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 97
Then came the SCT to the bench. Very tight chassis. Not enough room in the stock receiver box location. Would hit the center diff stand. BUT on the other side is the unused servo mount. Trim it down but not enough to disturb the screws through the frame. Then needed to build it up. Use a popcyle stick to make a dam and filled with hot glue. Let cool then another layer of hot glue and stick the box in it. Very solid mount. Left the stock box, used it to mount the switch. Yes, there is room to remove the center diff. Another fun project that required out of the box thinking. I like the challenge.

Attachments

• IMG_2077.jpeg
    IMG_2077.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2071.jpeg
    IMG_2071.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2076.jpeg
    IMG_2076.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2075.jpeg
    IMG_2075.jpeg