• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Just Picked Up SCT410.3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't hurt to have a roll of servo wire, a bag of servo connectors and a crimper in your pit box, never know when you need to solder a fresh set of servo wires ;)

Years ago there used to be a brand called Radiopost, they were unique in that you could push extra servo wire up into the case of the servo so you didn't need to shorten the wiring, only problem with the brand was that they stripped gears like candy :(

LOL...I wish was able to solder at our outdoor dirt track (no electricity...and I am not bringing a generator). So my set-up needs to be fail-proof haha.

Last edited:
Doesn't hurt to have a roll of servo wire, a bag of servo connectors and a crimper in your pit box, never know when you need to solder a fresh set of servo wires ;)

Years ago there used to be a brand called Radiopost, they were unique in that you could push extra servo wire up into the case of the servo so you didn't need to shorten the wiring, only problem with the brand was that they stripped gears like candy :(

No electricity at the track...and I am not bringing a generator lol.

I actually hate to use adapters and extensions anywhere on the rig so decided to install the pro amp servo which has ample wire length....just need to add some washers to raise it about 1/8"

Back when I used to race at tracks without power, I would hook up a power inverter to my truck and run an extension cord to my pop up canopy and pit table.... just need to start my truck every hour or so... so I don't over drain the battery, there were times I would forget and needed to get a jump start at the end of the race day, ha!

Last edited:
For soldering, I use a butane unit for emergency repairs if power is unavailable, it does not perform nearly as well but has saved me a couple times.

It’s the thing I love and the thing I hate about Racing.... so many choices that are so close in specs and reputation, I try not over think things. Which is why I stick with stuff that works and avoid “trend” purchases. Like back when all the cool guys ran Castle stuff.....in everything.... lol.

Other than using butane or an inverter as suggested, I am screwed if something breaks....race over lol

I just installed the pro amp and it actually fit like a glove. Not sure why it did not fit my Truggy ET48.3

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back