• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Just Picked Up SCT410.3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hscic

Reaction score
My 3rd racing rc...have a Tekno ET45.3 and a Tekno EB48.3 both with HW XR8 Plus and HW 4274 2250kv motor.

Just added a Tekno SCT410.3 to the stable and plan to install HW XR8 SCT Pro ESC and HW 3652SD G2 5100kv motor. Yes, I am partial to HW. Not sure which servo I will use yet. Have 3 to pick from SAVOX SB2273SG-CE - Ryan Cavalieri Edition, Pro Amp BLS358, or KO PROPO RSX2 Power. Any recommendations? I noticed the first 2 mount higher than some other servos so not sure if I need to add a spacer or another servo brace to raise the mounting points.

Some racers say 5100kv is too high for SCT races. What is the difference between HW 3660SD 4300kv and 3652SD 4300kv and which is a better combo with HW XR8 SCT Pro? Also race requires 540 or 550 based brushless motor....what do these numbers represent? If it is size, please explain. I know the 3660 is 550 and 3652 is 540 just by searching motors by these two numbers..

Thanks in advance for any input.
1582155909684.png

Last edited:
Hey bud, I use the HW SCT pro in my .3 and love it. Have it paired with the 3660 - 4300kv Most of the guys I know with the same setup opt for the 3800kv in their SCT’s. Really depends on your local track configuration. If I had those 3 servos to choose from the Savox would be my choice. I have a 1258tg that’s worked well for me.... that Proamp could turn a 5th scale monster truck!!! Even at 4v it rates at almost 300oz/in and would be overkill at higher voltage. Can’t say I’ve used any KO models but I’ve heard the “response” series transit speed is pretty quick like .06 to 60deg. As for 550 and 540 ( as long as we are talking 4 pole for each ) is just what you think - can length. I find the 550 to have more torque and last longer / more time between service than the 4 pole 540’s I’ve used.
That’s my 3 cents, cheers

Hey bud, I use the HW SCT pro in my .3 and love it. Have it paired with the 3660 - 4300kv Most of the guys I know with the same setup opt for the 3800kv in their SCT’s. Really depends on your local track configuration. If I had those 3 servos to choose from the Savox would be my choice. I have a 1258tg that’s worked well for me.... that Proamp could turn a 5th scale monster truck!!! Even at 4v it rates at almost 300oz/in and would be overkill at higher voltage. Can’t say I’ve used any KO models but I’ve heard the “response” series transit speed is pretty quick like .06 to 60deg. As for 550 and 540 ( as long as we are talking 4 pole for each ) is just what you think - can length. I find the 550 to have more torque and last longer / more time between service than the 4 pole 540’s I’ve used.
That’s my 3 cents, cheers

Appreciate the response and the info....very helpful. I like savox too but the 2273 mounts higher than other savox (i.e. the mounting points are about an 1/8" higher). How do you compensate for the height...add another servo brace?

I know the KO fits since that came with the rig but I never heard of KO.

I'd just run the KO. You know it works since it came with the rig. Maybe figure out a way to mount the Savox in case the KO fails.

I bought the same esc and the 3660SD 4300kV after many hours of research. Drove it for the first time today and it was amazing. My first time driving a high end RC though :p

I agree with GD, if the KO is proven it might be better for your piece of mind.... and it’s FAST!. I admit to some bias as I run Savox in 4 rigs and have never been let down. As far as mounting goes, I’m not sure.... based on specs the the 2273 is only .7mm or .027” taller overall than the KO. Could be a difference from bottom to mounting flange???
Oh and I forgot to mention... the paint job on your rig is AWESOME !!

?

I agree with GD, if the KO is proven it might be better for your piece of mind.... and it’s FAST!. I admit to some bias as I run Savox in 4 rigs and have never been let down. As far as mounting goes, I’m not sure.... based on specs the the 2273 is only .7mm or .027” taller overall than the KO. Could be a difference from bottom to mounting flange???
Oh and I forgot to mention... the paint job on your rig is AWESOME !!

?

Thanks. Do you mean the KO is fast or the Savox is fast? Not sure if the KO is proven but it came with the rig. I also have a Savox 1256 with standard profile so I may just opt to use that one and use the KO as a spare.

Stats I would personally compare:

ServoSpeed @6VTorque @ 6V
SAVOX SB2273SG-CE0.12 sec/60°23.0kg/319 oz-in
Pro Amp BLS3580.12 sec/60°35.0kg/486 oz-in
KO PROPO RSX20.13 sec/60°26.3 Kg/365 oz-in

IMO the best servo of these 3 (on paper) would be the ProAmp since it offers the most torque for roughly the same speed it will be the least likely servo to strip gears. What we can't tell from these stats are which servo is the "smoothest" and will "feel" more connected. That is a crap shoot.

Last edited:
I recently ran a 540 motor (3650-4300KV) in my truck and it simply lacked acceleration, after switching to a 550 motor (3660-4300KV), I was able to knock 0.2 sec off my fast lap on a 23 sec hot lap track... I personally feel that the class should be restricted to 540 motors as they are far more efficient, top speed was roughly the same but acceleration with the 550 motor is definitely felt with clearing jumps more easily but also made throttle control more difficult.

It's a give and take, for a clean driver the 550 motor has a slight advantage, but for someone struggling with consistency, the 540 motor would be the way to go ;)

I have tried motors in the range from 3600KV - 5200KV and have found 4300KV to be the sweet spot for 2S giving the best balance of acceleration and top speed on a medium to large track.

I recently ran a 540 motor (3650-4300KV) in my truck and it simply lacked acceleration, after switching to a 550 motor (3660-4300KV), I was able to knock 0.2 sec off my fast lap on a 23 sec hot lap track... I personally feel that the class should be restricted to 540 motors as they are far more efficient, top speed was roughly the same but acceleration with the 550 motor is definitely felt with clearing jumps more easily but also made throttle control more difficult.

It's a give and take, for a clean driver the 550 motor has a slight advantage, but for someone struggling with consistency, the 540 motor would be the way to go ;)

I have tried motors in the range from 3600KV - 5200KV and have found 4300KV to be the sweet spot for 2S giving the best balance of acceleration and top speed on a medium to large track.

I just ordered a 3660SD 4300kv motor and will set the 3652SD 5100kv as my spare. Here is what the tech guy at aMain said (Hobbywing didn't even respond): The differences in the 3660SD 4300kv and the 3652SD 4300kv are listed below: the big differences are the 3660 motor can is bigger and can take a heavier truck and has a little longer motor shaft for more mounting options on your rig, as for the 3652, Its meant more for just your back yard Short course truck and wouldn't be something i would get if i was racing.

3660:

· Motor

o kV (no load): 4300

o LiPo: 2S

o Resistance: 0.0038

o No-load Current: 4.7A

o Motor Diameter: 36mm (1.417in)

o Motor Length: 62mm (2.44in)

o Shaft Diameter: 5mm (0.197in)

o Shaft Length: 17mm (0.669in)

o Poles: 4

o Weight: 218g (7.69oz)

o Applications: 1/10 heavy duty SCT, truck, monster truck

3652:

· Motor

o kV (no load): 4300

o LiPo: 2S

o Resistance: 5.2

o No-load Current: 4.2A

o Motor Diameter: 36mm (1.417in)

o Motor Length: 52.5mm (2.067in)

o Shaft Diameter: 5mm (0.197in)

o Shaft Length: 15mm (0.591in)

o Poles: 4

o Weight: 187g (6.60oz)

o Applications: 1/10 light duty SCT, truck, monster truck

Stats I would personally compare:

ServoSpeed @6VTorque @ 6V
SAVOX SB2273SG-CE0.12 sec/60°23.0kg/319 oz-in
Pro Amp BLS3580.12 sec/60°35.0kg/486 oz-in
KO PROPO RSX20.13 sec/60°26.3 Kg/365 oz-in

IMO the best servo of these 3 (on paper) would be the ProAmp since it offers the most torque for roughly the same speed it will be the least likely servo to strip gears. What we can't tell from these stats are which servo is the "smoothest" and will "feel" more connected. That is a crap shoot.

Thanks for the info....my savox 1256tg not even close to these
  • Speed @ 6.0V: 0.15
  • Torque @ 6.0V: 277 oz-in / 20 kg-cm
I guess I will opt to use the KO as the pro amps seems to be overkill.

I was just as competitive with the 540 motor in my truck on a race track, I don't think the guy at AMain has ever ran the 540 motor on a track, otherwise he would understand that motor is better suited for a sportsman level driver, though it may be possible to dial back some throttle EPA/Expo on the 550 motor to get to react more like the 540 motor... shrug

I was just as competitive with the 540 motor in my truck on a race track, I don't think the guy at AMain has ever ran the 540 motor on a track, otherwise he would understand that motor is better suited for a sportsman level driver, though it may be possible to dial back some throttle EPA/Expo on the 550 motor to get to react more like the 540 motor... shrug

Yup thanks...I am not an experienced driver so may need to dial back the throttle. The only concern I have is the 3652 is the high kv. When talking to some racers, they say the 3800 or 4300 is more suited for short course.

Thanks for the info....my savox 1256tg not even close to these
  • Speed @ 6.0V: 0.15
  • Torque @ 6.0V: 277 oz-in / 20 kg-cm
I guess I will opt to use the KO as the pro amps seems to be overkill.

There is no such thing as overkill when it comes to torque, however there is often a sacrifice in speed when getting higher torque, I personally prefer a servo in the 0.12 sec/60° speed myself as a personal preference.

If you're looking for a solid servo, the AGF A80BHM is a beast in my rig, by far the smoothest servo I have ever had the pleasure to run, plus with a torque of 31kg.cm(430oz-in) @6.0V, it's not far off from the specs on that Pro Amps you mentioned.

I was under the impression that you already owned the servos.

There is no such thing as overkill when it comes to torque, however there is often a sacrifice in speed when getting higher torque, I personally prefer a servo in the 0.12 sec/60° speed myself as a personal preference.

If you're looking for a solid servo, the AGF A80BHM is a beast in my rig, by far the smoothest servo I have ever had the pleasure to run, plus with a torque of 31kg.cm(430oz-in) @6.0V, it's not far off from the specs on that Pro Amps you mentioned.

I was under the impression that you already owned the servos.
Yes I have all 4 servos and trying to decide which one to install. Thanks for the reply. As mentioned previous the only issues with the 2273 and the pro amps is the height of the servo. I tried the install the servos and the compartment was distorting when I tightening down everything. I believe if I add a spacers/washers or another servo brace, it would fit fine.

Last edited:
Yup thanks...I am not an experienced driver so may need to dial back the throttle. The only concern I have is the 3652 is the high kv. When talking to some racers, they say the 3800 or 4300 is more suited for short course.

I've been running the SCT410 for about 8 years and have gone through a myriad of motors in that time, for a small tight indoor track I would go with 3800KV, but a medium to large track then 4300KV is my personal preference ;)

Yes I have all 4 servos and trying to decide which one to install. Thanks for the reply. As mentioned previous the only issues with the 2273 and the pro amps is the height of the servo. I tried the install the servos and the compartment was distorting due to the misfit.

Ah I see, then yeah the KO is a no brainer!

Ah I see, then yeah the KO is a no brainer!

LOL not so much a no brainer. Just went to install the KO and the servo wire doesn't even reach the receiver. Will be ordering some servo extension cables.

Last edited:
Doesn't hurt to have a roll of servo wire, a bag of servo connectors and a crimper in your pit box, never know when you need to solder a fresh set of servo wires ;)

Years ago there used to be a brand called Radiopost, they were unique in that you could push extra servo wire up into the case of the servo so you didn't need to shorten the wiring, only problem with the brand was that they stripped gears like candy :(

Recent Popular Liked

Back