• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 JConcepts Hazard Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyUs

Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET410
  3. SCT410
I find it interesting that the SCT410 was designed for SCTE "0" offset wheels, and after putting on some "0" offset JConcepts Hazard wheels I was scratching my head. They were rubbing on the shocks, and I didn't even have full use of maximum steering throw :mad:. I really didn't want to do it, but I moved the shock bottoms to the inside hole on the front arms, and the wheels still rubbed. I took those JConcepts Hazard "0" offset wheels over to my SCT410 2.0 platform... fitment was great.

Grabbed some Hazard +3 wheels; moved shock bottoms out, and threw the wheels on the SCT410.3... no more rubbing.
Hazard Wheels.jpg

Just when you think you have things figured out, you get another obstacle thrown at you to over come. Well, in my case, it was those Hazard +3 wheels and their webbing just wouldn't clear the rear outer hinge pin nuts. 🤷‍♂️
IMG_20240322_172651661_HDR.jpg

I ain't too proud to show my Dremeling woes on what I needed to do to get wheels to work. 🤕😬😁

My rear hub carriers are all chewed up (outer hole up top is totally gone). Even if the wheels don't rub on the bench, they do when they flex while driving. Especially when you add a sanding medium like... well, sand.

Anyway, I have some +3 wheels I didn't know what to do with, maybe I'll see how they fit and find a set of tires to stick on them.

I've run the Hazard wheels on my SCT410.3 with Choppers, I seem to recall them rubbing a bit, but I just ran it anyways. I'm a caveman.. er, I mean basher though..🤷‍♂️🤠

I've run the Hazard wheels on my SCT410.3 with Choppers, I seem to recall them rubbing a bit, but I just ran it anyways. I'm a caveman.. er, I mean basher though..🤷‍♂️🤠
Yes, the rear webbing rubbing was very minimal while using those JC wheels. My Dremel work says otherwise 😆 . I could have ran them straight out of the package, but, like nino. said, real world flexing while putting an RC through it's paces is different than on the bench.

I remember having a set of wheels for my RC8.2 buggy that I had to do the same type of Dremeling work on, but the webbing was rubbing on the front spindle carriers.

One of these days I'll grab a different brand of +3 wheels to compare.

I replied to this issue over on the other platform 😉 the part I show has zero fitment issues. It is a wheel intended for the ten scte

I replied to this issue over on the other platform 😉 the part I show has zero fitment issues. It is a wheel intended for the ten scte
Yes. The SCTE/0 offset Hazard wheels; forward position on Ackermann plate; with stock 12mm hex adaptors; at full droop; 4 washers under steering stop screws... they rub. Going into a corner they would most likely be fine. Anything other than full droop they would be fine. For me, they are not fine 😆 .

Interesting, I bought my 410.3 used so I’m not sure where the difference is, they seem close but same clearance as the wheels that came with the truck. I think they are DE’s or something.

Recent Popular Liked

Back