• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET48 2.0 front wheels wobbling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redrumracing

Reaction score
Looking for some help to identify what is causing wheel wobble in both front tires. Just finished build on ET 482.0. Set the end points and took it for a test drive. When driving straight there is zero wobble. Slight turn left or right and both wheels are wobbly. When wheels and tires are not mounted there is very little play when trying to move the hubs. When wheels and tires are mounted there is significant play when turning the wheels by hand. Is it common to shim the hub? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Wheels and tires are proline buckshot pre mounted. Thanks.

Because you mention that steering left or right is causing the issue to show itself, it sounds like you might have the CV's assembled incorrectly. Please read this thread to see what I'm referring to. If that's not the issue please let me know :)

Thanks for the reply. I took both front CV’s apart to investigate and found they were both together correctly. Not sure what else to check?

I took a pic of the assembly for you to see. when turning the steering it does activate the drive. Sounds like the same issue as the thread you sent me to but it looks as if I have assembled correctly. Thanks for your help

Attachments

• 5D163A81-AF42-46DE-936C-D342E5EC7F87.jpeg
    5D163A81-AF42-46DE-936C-D342E5EC7F87.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 64
Those CV's are correct. Just a quick note, you will always see more play with wheels attached because the degree of movement translates to a larger distance the further away from the center you go. So truggy wheels are going to seem like a lot more play than no wheels.

It could be that your servo saver is set too loose and the servo isn't able to hold the wheels in position.

You ever figure this one out?

Recent Popular Liked

Back