• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

It's the easy things that drive me crazy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freelosophy

Reaction score
why is the castle creations mamba monster x coming loose from my mt410. Ok so I jumped really high, so what nothing broke just the esc came unglued. what's the better way to attach it??? man you think some screw holes would be a good idea? everythink else is bolted down but the esc is glued? wtf castle? create a better mounting scheme. anybody else come accross this? trying to hold it down with tie wraps, it looks like crap.

why is the castle creations mamba monster x coming loose from my mt410. Ok so I jumped really high, so what nothing broke just the esc came unglued. what's the better way to attach it??? man you think some screw holes would be a good idea? everythink else is bolted down but the esc is glued? wtf castle? create a better mounting scheme. anybody else come accross this? trying to hold it down with tie wraps, it looks like crap.
Yes, I zip-tie my ESCs too. Doesn’t look great but makes me feel a lot better about the double sided tape I use.

I use the RPM cage to mount my Mamba monster x

Attachments

• 5C4DB7F6-9E98-452C-A65D-171B29450A15.jpeg
    5C4DB7F6-9E98-452C-A65D-171B29450A15.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 276
Just like Nicochau has suggested is how I do it double sided tape and a zip-tie

I will cut out 2 notches into the ESC mounting plate the width of the zip-tie to keep it in place

I do this on all of my Teknos due to the RPM ESC mount will not fit

Use 3M VHB 5952 tape, remove any sticker from the bottom of the ESC, clean both ESC surface and ESC plate with alcohol. The tape isn't sold in stores, only online (ebay, amazon, etc). It's much stronger than the tape they sell in stores and I've never had to use zip ties.

I had the same issue at first, the double sided tape wouldn’t stick to the shiny sticker under the ESC. I scuffed up the bottom of the ESC and where it is mounted with some sandpaper. Make sure you clean both pieces with alcohol. It’s been almost 2 years and no issues with it coming off.

I don't see how the rpm esc cage would fit my mt410 with stock chassis and mitche's m2c chassis brace. there;s hardly room for a tie wrap. I guess I've accepted a small black tie wrap around the esc and I'll use 3m double sided tape. hopefully it will hold for a few months. thanks for the feedback. still think castle needs to put one hole in the middle of the esc for mounting.

Ive secured every esc with good quality double sided tape on probably the last 40 rigs ive built, and as long as both mounting surfaces are cleaned properly and you use the right tape, the ESC should never come off no matter how hard you crash. More than once Ive crashed so hard that Ive broken screws that held ESC mounting plates to the chassis, but the ESC was still stuck to the plate. In fact, many times Ive struggled to remove the esc during maintenance tear downs because they were stuck so good lol.

I use the RPM cage to mount my Mamba monster
Cool, looks custom. Is there a custom aluminum cover plate above the receiver box? Both mounting holes for the ESC cage in the cover. More pics, perhaps? Any idea if this high stacking approach is needed with a long can motor AND the m2c chassis?

Cool, looks custom. Is there a custom aluminum cover plate above the receiver box? Both mounting holes for the ESC cage in the cover. More pics, perhaps? Any idea if this high stacking approach is needed with a long can motor AND the m2c chassis?
Below the RPM cage is a custom made aluminium plate. The RPM cage has two holes which are used to put bolts through to underneath the plate, then m3 nuts to secure it.
The whole plate threads into the receiver box lid and throttle/brake servo mount.

I believe that with the m2c wide chassis this adaptation would not be required, even with long can motors.

Recent Popular Liked

Back