• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.4 Issue with battery strap tearing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nfield

Reaction score
Does anyone else have an issue with the battery straps on the EB48.4 tearing? They seem to tear out fairly quickly close to where the plastic loop side of the strap feeds into the battery bay.

I wouldn't be so bothered by it, except the part (TKR40007K) seems so expensive ($14) for what it is. Does anyone have suggestions for a cheaper alternative that is at least as strong?

Yeah they tend to tear if you reef them down too much. The slot that they pass through on the battery tray seams to cut into the straps if you cinch them too tight.

I bet you these will work as a replacement https://www.securecableties.com/12-...U2TFTS7Me8Qx90H1CJSstry9x8bXJ4jUaAhikEALw_wcB

I just did a quick search and have never bought these ones actually but you just need to know what to search for. All you need is 3/4" velcro cinch straps. If you don't want to buy them online you can always check out a fabric or craft store, they tend to have this stuff readily available and a lot cheaper than the name brand parts.

I have never torn a single strap on any of my TEKNO battery trays, however just about every other brand of car that I've owned has gone through straps like candy.

Just to clarify, are you using all 3 straps?

On my last XRay buggy, I had modified the tray in that car to use a 3rd vertical strap and then I stopped damaging straps at that point.

I also switched to using hard case packs and glued a donor plastic servo arm from the kit and glued it the front of the battery tray as a spacer to take up the slop to prevent the battery from sliding around in the tray.

You also want to use the slots on the vertical strap to where they come up directly in line with the same dimension as the pack... if the battery slides around, then I can see how easy it will be to tear straps :(

If you use the outside slots in the battery tray it will rip the long strap, if you use the inside slots then this does not seem to happen as often or never.

if you need any short strap replacements, i really like the TA ones because they have a nice 90 degree end that fits the corner of the battery. probably zero real-world difference but it was one of the little things I liked about my TA 1/8's.
https://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/89506-ASC89506-hook_and_loop_battery_straps/

89506_md.jpg

Recent Popular Liked

Back