• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

I think I might have messed up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Driving Style
Basher
I bought this combo https://www.castlecreations.com/en/mamba-monster-x-sm1512-2650-010-0145-04 to put in my ET48.3 and just noticed that the limit on the motor is vehicles under 9lbs. I would return it but the 2200kv combo is on backorder as is the 2200kv motor. Will I be fine just running 4s of course? Or should I look for a different motor?

I bought this combo https://www.castlecreations.com/en/mamba-monster-x-sm1512-2650-010-0145-04 to put in my ET48.3 and just noticed that the limit on the motor is vehicles under 9lbs. I would return it but the 2200kv combo is on backorder as is the 2200kv motor. Will I be fine just running 4s of course? Or should I look for a different motor?
Try gearing it high (low pinion) and see what happens. If it runs hot I'd buy a hobbystar 2000kV and sell the castle motor. They hobbystar/rocket/surpass motors are great for the price.

Try gearing it high (low pinion) and see what happens. If it runs hot I'd buy a hobbystar 2000kV and sell the castle motor. They hobbystar/rocket/surpass motors are great for the price.

So like 12t-13t?

I can't buy anything from RCJuice because the owner is a complete douchebag and won't stop "accidentally" banning my account. All because my name is the same as someone who tried to "scam" him....... After the 3rd time of being banned for no reason other than him being a complete and utter dipwad and the way he treats his customers I refuse to do business with him anymore.

So like 12t-13t?

I can't buy anything from RCJuice because the owner is a complete douchebag and won't stop "accidentally" banning my account. All because my name is the same as someone who tried to "scam" him....... After the 3rd time of being banned for no reason other than him being a complete and utter dipwad and the way he treats his customers I refuse to do business with him anymore.
Understood. There's some sellers on eBay that have those motors as well.

"This setup is recommended for 3s or 4s use in a vehicle weighing less than ~9lbs" same restriction the 2650kv MMX combo has, but that is the limit of the MX esc.

I run this same set up in my Et48.3 with no issues (track only) no bashing and on 4s

What pinion are you running?
I'll give it a shot and see what happens. If I need to I'll just buy a different motor.

I don’t understand why Castle keeps selling this combo, the 2650kv is an odd rating in today’s RC world. Not that it’s a bad motor, it’s just that the industry is settling on a different standard (1900 to 2000kv).

Run it with the smallest possible pinion (14t?).

"This setup is recommended for 3s or 4s use in a vehicle weighing less than ~9lbs" same restriction the 2650kv MMX combo has, but that is the limit of the MX esc.

What pinion are you running?
I'll give it a shot and see what happens. If I need to I'll just buy a different motor.
Oh sorry mate, is there a reasonably sized combo that can do what you need? The mmx8s and 1520 1650kv is to big in my opinion for these cars?

Oh sorry mate, is there a reasonably sized combo that can do what you need? The mmx8s and 1520 1650kv is to big in my opinion for these cars?
So i only ran that setup in my Et a couple times Castle sent me the wrong motor and I dident notice till later

2650 with MMX on a 15t pinion 4s soft runs on the track nothing hard

then I swapped it for the 2200kv motor

now I run the 2650 kv with a hobbywing SCT ESC in my sons eb48 on 3s

I would not recommend running that motor in your et with 4s for long runs

I would get a cheap surpass or hobby star motor if a castle is not available

So i only ran that setup in my Et a couple times Castle sent me the wrong motor and I dident notice till later

2650 with MMX on a 15t pinion 4s soft runs on the track nothing hard

then I swapped it for the 2200kv motor

now I run the 2650 kv with a hobbywing SCT ESC in my sons eb48 on 3s

I would not recommend running that motor in your et with 4s for long runs

I would get a cheap surpass or hobby star motor if a castle is not available
Thanks for the feedback on this. We were looking looking forward to having our race meet tomorrow, but covid has put the state were I live into lock down today, I really wanted to test out my new 4274 2250kv hobbywing xr8 plus combo, but that is now going to have to wait! 😭😭😭

So I picked up the Castle 1515 2200kv motor and on a 15t pinion it gets hot enough that I cannot touch the motor for more than a few seconds, I keep forgetting to bring my temp gun with me. I'll get the logs from Castle link a little later. Not sure how accurate the temp sensor in the motor is but it is only showing 148* but the esc hit 178.7*. Outside temps were 85*F.

weretsgdsdgtled.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back