• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

How to verify differential is not messed up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jpipe

Reaction score
I just took my MT410 out for its first bash and now it’s stuttering hard when I initially give it some throttle. Like gears are slipping somewhere. I don’t think the issue is the pinion/spur(steel) gear, but I don’t want to tear into the differentials unless I know for sure. Is there an easy way to test the diffs and see if one is causing an issue?

Hold one wheel stationary and rotate the other one by hand. It should be smooth with some resistance from the fluid. To check the center put the front wheels on the ground and hold the rears in you hands to prevent them for turning. Push the truck forward like a wheel barrow. This is going to include the detented of the motor. You can loosen the motor on the mount and move it from the spur to eliminate that.

Something else to check is that the set screws on the diff input couplers didn't come loose and no longer tight on the flat spot. That happened to me on my first or second outing.

Recent Popular Liked

Back