• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

I need a steering servo. Any suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zerk

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
As the title says, my budget go to Solar D772 is out of stock so any suggestions on a servo under $80.00? I'm trying to be reasonable on the price but I know you get what you pay for. I'm looking at an RC Gear @ TowerRC Gear servo any feedback? Thanks in advance.

Those Solar D772’s are junk in my experience. Ive killed several of them in a very short timespan. Stay away from them is my advice.

Those Solar D772’s are junk in my experience. Ive killed several of them in a very short timespan. Stay away from them is my advice.
Okay, so any suggestions? Anything? I'm not picky. Thanks

I have one of these guys and to not bad for the price.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/JX-Servo-CLS-5830HV-Standard-Digital-Servo-High-Speed-Mega-Torque-Waterproof/172821943657?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
It’s not super duper fast or strong, but it’s not too shabby. Definitely better than the Solar D772. It’s been very durable for me.
Some other guys here will probably chime in with other budget servos they’ve had luck with.

Thanks Chainsaw, I ordered one regardless if I find something better this will be a back-up. Thanks for the help!

I run the Savox 1210SG at 7.5V and it’s plenty fast amd has plenty of power to throw my Backflips back and forth without a hiccup. I power it with a MMX and Tactic TR326 receiver. I’m only a basher so a waterproof servo was a must.

Edit - you will need a spacer for the servo link though since the Savox is so tall. You can get an aluminum spacer at Ace Harware close for close to .25(cents).
1BFF10AC-039C-448F-965A-C10421A4DFBF.jpeg

How is the 1210sg in grass on the mt410. It is a little underwhelming on my Kraton

How is the 1210sg in grass on the mt410. It is a little underwhelming on my Kraton
Not sure if you are asking me but I run it in an ET and it’s has plenty of speed and power at 7.5V. I can sit in grass and turn the backflips back and forth while sitting still without a problem.

Not sure if you are asking me but I run it in an ET and it’s has plenty of speed and power at 7.5V. I can sit in grass and turn the backflips back and forth while sitting still without a problem.
Sorry, yes. Mine will not turn the wheels on hardwood floors sitting still on my Kraton. Servo saver set pretty tight. But good to know it is better with the Tekno.

Reactions: Hye
I also had this in my Kraton at I believe the stock 5.5 or 6 volts and it turned the wheels very easily. Is your steering dual rate set correctly and have you set your steering endpoints?

I also had this in my Kraton at I believe the stock 5.5 or 6 volts and it turned the wheels very easily. Is your steering dual rate set correctly and have you set your steering endpoints?
Yes everything is set up correctly. It turns once you start moving but not sitting still. I cave to have it off the ground to set the endpoints.

Do you know if the stock esc can push more than 5v? If so buy the TR326 receiver and bump it to the max. Costs like $25.

Did you ever get this figured out?

I know the price is double but, the protek 170 is what I run. Fast, strong and holds up great even with my 6 year old behind the wheel.

Recent Popular Liked

Back