• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Hinge pins and bushings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skynet5

Reaction score
So other than not hitting stuff as I get to grips with my RC, complete newbie, is there a way to reduce knackering hinge pins and bushings?

Going through them pretty quickly :-(

They should last a good amount of time when you don't hit things.

What kind of conditions are you running in? Do you clean your RC after you run it?

Assuming you are driving on a track and just getting started with club racing, it can get tricky if you don't have a proper setup for your conditions.

Are there any local pros in your area? If so, ask them for a copy of their setup sheet to use as a baseline. It's critical that the car is setup to be "easy to drive", proper tire selection is the single most important tuning option too! If you're driving on a poor setup with worn out tires, then you're aching to break parts a lot more quickly :(

If you can provide a link to your club with pictures of the track, then I'd be happy to help you with a decent starting setup to consider if you need it.... even better if you can post a video of you driving a few laps so I can see what you car is doing right and more importantly, what it's doing wrong.

Here's a good starting point for your "homework assignment" :)

TEKNO Setup Guide

Hudy Setup Priorities
11863849713_05b0b227e8_b.jpg

@TBuggy @Billl DeLong
I'll record myself going round when I next visit. I think there is a decent track photo I've seen but can't find it at the mo.

I think its mostly poor skills. And a concrete post at one of the jumps

I have noticed that I've order TKR9286 and not the stock TKR9286XT parts for the front arms.

Although I'm not convinced that would make a huge difference in the UK with temps around 20c+

I'll add to the above, how does the aluminum blocks not beak when the stainless steel hinge pins bend!

@Billl DeLong

Guy at the track recorded me and put it up on his YouTube channel. Ignore title, it's an 2.0 going around.

Remember this is only the 5th time I've actually gone to the track. Never done this before.

Definitely getting better.

Recent Popular Liked

Back