• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Grass clippings shield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Herron

Reaction score
So this could go in any category I think because it occurs on all my cars because of where I drive. Most recently running the Et410 so this is where I put it
Anyway… I live on almost 4 acres of property and a pretty big yard broken up into different sections due to a pond and a couple out buildings. Not a highly groomed yard. I don’t rake and I don’t use a grass catcher. Hence they’re our grass clippings that like to wrap around the axels.
Not a huge problem and I routinely remove them but there’s times when it gets such I that I’ll start diffing out in the rear.
Was thinking about making some kind shield to attach to the suspension arms to minimize this, using a section of a plastic water bottle comes to mind.
Anyone else here seen or done something like this?
Thanks!
IMG_4607.jpeg

Waiting for the mud/grass shields
Kind of surprised when I pulled the body today after running in my lawn.
Could be a fire hazard if I got too hot but only hit 128 after 1 batt pack.

Attachments

• IMG_4616.jpeg
    IMG_4616.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 77
Maybe need some side shields too!

Maybe need some side shields too!
No. Keep the chassis as open as you can. At least that's my thoughts while running an ET410. I run the JConcepts Finnisher body as the back end is open... lets more crap escape out the rear end. I deal with small pebbles, and some dead grass/weeds every run. Even though, every once in awhile, I get a pebble in spur... I believe the openness of the rear of the chassis is my saving grace.
1685189485375.jpeg

No. Keep the chassis as open as you can. At least that's my thoughts while running an ET410. I run the JConcepts Finnisher body as the back end is open... lets more crap escape out the rear end. I deal with small pebbles, and some dead grass/weeds every run. Even though, every once in awhile, I get a pebble in spur... I believe the openness of the rear of the chassis is my saving grace.
View attachment 9494
Such a nice looking trugg. And the best version of the badlands tire. Nice paint job, I love that black n orange!
BTW im “J’sCrawler”

Such a nice looking trugg. And the best version of the badlands tire. Nice paint job, I love that black n orange!
BTW im “J’sCrawler”
Thank you.

Just ordered 2 pair. Do not have pre-drilled holes on the ET 48 but that’s easy
I’ll see what I have to do on the ET 410.
Thanks again!
On the ET410 it would be pretty easy to fit some guards on the front side of the arms. They are relatively straight enough to be able to get something to work. On the ET410.2, with the shocks on the front side of the rear arms... I don't see it happening.

Recent Popular Liked

Back