• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET410 on thick grass?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genghis Ken

Reaction score
I live in the UK, no tracks near me so I run at the local park. It’s really thick grass that doesn’t get cut all that often. I had to monsterize my Slash 4x4 with Trenchers to get through it. Will the ET410 be able to handle thick grass? Does it have good ground clearance? Or would a 48 truggy be a better bet?

I live in the UK, no tracks near me so I run at the local park. It’s really thick grass that doesn’t get cut all that often. I had to monsterize my Slash 4x4 with Trenchers to get through it. Will the ET410 be able to handle thick grass? Does it have good ground clearance? Or would a 48 truggy be a better bet?
I’d say go with the ET48.3 with backflip or similar tires. It’s bigger and the larger tires will chew threw the grass but it also depends on how tall the grass it. For reference I drive mine in our park by our house and they mow it about once a week at 4 to 5 inches and it plows through it.

The et410 is probably on the smaller side and will most likely have issues getting through the grass. I have a 2wd rustler and though it is not the same but the scale is and it struggles in my yard unless I mow it like a golf course.

Drat, I’m liking the size of the 1/10 th truggy. And it’s a better fit for my budgetWhat about putting the Trenchers on it? It’s a Tekno so I’m betting the axles would be ok.

MT410 is good on grass and with a cheap motor / ESC combo plus 0 offset tires it's ok from a budget and size point of view.

Go with lower kv or small pinion to avoid heat issues in tall grass.

Drat, I’m liking the size of the 1/10 th truggy. And it’s a better fit for my budgetWhat about putting the Trenchers on it? It’s a Tekno so I’m betting the axles would be ok.

Don't totally throw the ET410 out of the options just yet. I actually own an ET410 and can attest it is quit the beast for its size and very durable so far! Of course the ET48.3 would be more powerful and be a ton of fun but if you don't want to spend that much and are not trying to launch your rig 30ft up in the air the ET410 will be very suitable for running in grass.

Slap some big ass wheels on the truck and and your good!
IMG_4048.JPG

IMG_4049.JPG

Don't totally throw the ET410 out of the options just yet. I actually own an ET410 and can attest it is quit the beast for its size and very durable so far! Of course the ET48.3 would be more powerful and be a ton of fun but if you don't want to spend that much and are not trying to launch your rig 30ft up in the air the ET410 will be very suitable for running in grass. Slap some big ass wheels on the truck and and your good! View attachment 1464 View attachment 1465

Thank you for posting that! Just the other day I was looking for pictures of the ET410 with 2.8 Badlands but never found one. Are you using offset wheels, like would fit the front of a Rustler or 2wd Stampede?

Also, could you post a picture of it from the front that shows how tall the tires are compared to the body.

I don't have one yet, but soon. I was thinking of putting the Hobbywing max10 sct 4000kv combo in it. Would probably have to relocate the receiver since it's a 3660 size motor. Not sure if that would be overkill, especially since you can only run a 2 cell battery in it. Maybe the standard max10 would perform about the same? Any thoughts anyone?

Thank you for posting that! Just the other day I was looking for pictures of the ET410 with 2.8 Badlands but never found one. Are you using offset wheels, like would fit the front of a Rustler or 2wd Stampede?

Also, could you post a picture of it from the front that shows how tall the tires are compared to the body.

I don't have one yet, but soon. I was thinking of putting the Hobbywing max10 sct 4000kv combo in it. Would probably have to relocate the receiver since it's a 3660 size motor. Not sure if that would be overkill, especially since you can only run a 2 cell battery in it. Maybe the standard max10 would perform about the same? Any thoughts anyone?

They came from my brother's revo, so not really sure what the off set is.

IMG_4055.JPG

I have an Orion R10 w/ tekin pro4 4600kv powering mine and am able to clear some sets that typically only the 1/8 scales do. I feel there is plenty of power with this combo and or something similar. I don't have any over heating issues either. The ESC has a fan so I am sure that helps.

Honestly, I think that max10 would be massive in the ET410! It may fit if you relocated the receiver somewhere, perhaps in the rear but not sure. You are limited to 2s shorties so you do have that. The spur gear/center diff is in the way, ruling out modding the battery tray to put in a stick pack too, incase you were wondering. You may want to look into a little bit smaller esc, like the Xerun R10.

Ok sounds like with the right tires and correct amount of torque I’m going to be good to go. Would a castle mambaX 3800 Kv combo fit?

That could fit if you have a really small receiver or again get creative with placement of your receiver. Perhaps even installing the receiver sideways on edge would give you enough room?? I also would recommend a little higher KV something in the 4000+ range.

Just for a comparison;
Orion R10 160amp footprint is 41.5x30.5x20.2mm
The Castle Mamba X footprint is 54.4x35.2x30.0mm

Just so you can see my ET410 with the r10 installed. There is definitely room but not a ton.
IMG_4065.JPG

Thanks for the pic, that helps a lot. Where is your receiver?

Wow yeah I can see it now, geez those are some big caps. How much voltage and Amps does the BEC put out on that unit?

I am assuming the chassis will not touch the ground before the shocks bottom out. Right? I'm just preparing myself when the day comes... supply of ST Step-Pins runs out and/or manufacturers stop making bashable 2.2" truck tires.

I don't even really like how my truggified Arrma Typhon goes in thick grass (running on 2.8 Badlands), compared to my EREevo or 1/8 truggy. So while the ET410 COULD go ok in thick grass, I don't think it would be that great. The ET48 would be much much better, imo. My ET410 has only been on the track and a couple test runs on pavement, gravel and dirt parking lots. It really is at home on a race track. Could make a decent basher but I'd take a MT410 or ET48 over it all day (as a basher)

That battery is a real problem. MT410 or 8th buggy as suggested.

Recent Popular Liked

Back