• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

front shocks to short?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thh1

Reaction score
Hey, on my MT410 I got Backflip LP's, and when I press my front to the ground, my shocks bottom out before the chassis touch the ground (atleast at the same time), it feels like the shock's are to short if you get what I mean? Is this normal? Im afraid to launch the rig and bending my shock shafts or breaking my rod ends...ps: the droop got nothing to do with it.

sounds like you got the shocks mixed up, double check the manual to make sure you're building it correctly

sounds like you got the shocks mixed up, double check the manual to make sure you're building it correctly

everything is in the right place, shocks, towers, rod ends etc...feels like the shock shaft is to long, alltough it probably isnt.

how tall are the tires? i did a quick search and saw 6.1 inches. if that's true the chassis should bottom out without issue. When I had an MT410 (the one in my pic) I was able to bottom out with huge 6.8" tires, but to do that I had to set the shocks on the inside holes on the tower and outside holes on the arms - laid down as much as possible.

I never really understood why front shocks are commonly shorter than rears on almost every RC (except monster trucks?) considering front and rear have the same diameter tires (except some 2wd)

how tall are the tires? i did a quick search and saw 6.1 inches. if that's true the chassis should bottom out without issue. When I had an MT410 (the one in my pic) I was able to bottom out with huge 6.8" tires, but to do that I had to set the shocks on the inside holes on the tower and outside holes on the arms - laid down as much as possible.

I never really understood why front shocks are commonly shorter than rears on almost every RC (except monster trucks?) considering front and rear have the same diameter tires (except some 2wd)
I will try switch shock position, but it is strange, its like the shafts are to long, but they arent

Perhaps they're not bled completely and are hydo locking. If you partially or completely remove the shock you should be able to completely compress them to where the lower rod end contacts the lower cartridge.

Here are a few pics that may help:

This is the front fully compressed: (95mm)
5FAC6AC4-4043-42DA-B575-2925B07416A3.jpeg

Attachments

• B33A345E-07BA-421A-B584-563B4808CD37.jpeg
    B33A345E-07BA-421A-B584-563B4808CD37.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 91
I got it kinda fixed, moved my positioning 1 hole inboards on the arm and 2 on the tower, now I got half an inch spare compression when the chassis is pressed to the floor

Recent Popular Liked

Back