• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Fit a Proline Raptor body to the Et48.3...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supradude26

Reaction score
I had custom fit a Chevy Silverado body to my buddies Kraton a while back, so I thought I would try it with mine. Turned out great and pretty much eliminated the need to get the MT410 also...

20181009_215436.jpg
20181009_215410.jpg
20181009_215353.jpg

Looks good. Is that just straight onto the existing body mounts? or was there any modification needed?

Looks good. Is that just straight onto the existing body mounts? or was there any modification needed?

Thanks, I moved the rear mounts to the front and flipped them around so they hang off the front the the shock tower, and I put one of the front ones up high in the middle of the rear tower as there is one existing hole there. The small cutouts in the bed I needed for the top of the shock tower stabalizes the sides of the rear body nicely.

Nice. What color blue is that, what paint did you use?

Nice. What color blue is that, what paint did you use?
Thanks. The blue is Spazstix Candy Blue, which goes on pretty transparent so I did several light to medium coats and the backed it with Tamiya PS-5 black as I wanted it a bit darker than what the sample on the can looked like. Not too different than Tamiya metallic blue.

Truck looks sharp. Can you confirm the part number for the body? Is it PRO3468-00? Thanks.

Can we see a side shot to see how short it is at the back axle ...

Can we see a side shot to see how short it is at the back axle ...

Yeah I've been running at the track the last few days so I'll switch the mounts/remove the wing and stuff tomorrow if I have time and take some more pictures. It actually doesnt really look short, although the wheelbase is slightly shorter on the body, I tried to split the difference between the front and back as much as possible. If I moved it back any farther I would have had to cut some of the body up front to clear the shocks. The other body I want to try is the Proline GMC Topkick as that is even longer and the wheelbase should be right on. It just looks like the hood has so much downward angle that it might be hard to do the front mounts properly.

Yeah I've been running at the track the last few days so I'll switch the mounts/remove the wing and stuff tomorrow if I have time and take some more pictures. It actually doesnt really look short, although the wheelbase is slightly shorter on the body, I tried to split the difference between the front and back as much as possible. If I moved it back any farther I would have had to cut some of the body up front to clear the shocks. The other body I want to try is the Proline GMC Topkick as that is even longer and the wheelbase should be right on. It just looks like the hood has so much downward angle that it might be hard to do the front mounts properly.

it doesn't look bad from your pics but the direct sideways shot i noticed was missing ha ha. i think it looks a bit odd when it's too short but it isn't terrible. Hard to find good longer scale bodies nowadays, HPI makes/made some nice ones for the savage xl that fit the truggy wheelbase great but most are discontinued...

it doesn't look bad from your pics but the direct sideways shot i noticed was missing ha ha. i think it looks a bit odd when it's too short but it isn't terrible. Hard to find good longer scale bodies nowadays, HPI makes/made some nice ones for the savage xl that fit the truggy wheelbase great but most are discontinued...

I didnt change the shocks around to raise the rideheight or the switch body mounts so the front is sitting a bit high as its normally pretty even with the chassis, but as far as forward/backwards, this is where the body sits.

20181016_160310.jpg
20181016_160348.jpg
20181016_160328.jpg
20181016_160310.jpg
20181016_160348.jpg
20181016_160328.jpg

Recent Popular Liked

Back