• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ezrun max8 combo possible?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro

Reaction score
Just got the sct410 kit. Not gonna race. Only shopping at local shop, so limited options. I see lots of people run max8 combo 4274SL/2200KV in mt410. That's one I can get. Want crazy power. Would it be possible to run that in sct410. I get its way over TQ. I can't get 36xx motors with low kv

Thanks

If the question is: will it fit? The answer is yes, it will.

If the question is: is it the best choice? That really depends what you want to do with it.

Last edited:
I want to have fun with it. Building modifying. Crazy power. Lots of tire spin. Lots of acceleration/speed. I have huge private property with a bobcat to build features.

I wanted to add a short course truck to the lineup. So got the sct410. Plan to run 1/8 buggy tires

Also need something available at my shop. Hw is available but the appropriate can size is only 3s and maybe not long enough. I want 4s. So next size up is 4268

I have an 1/8 buggy turned into SCT running 4s. Since the rig is race grade, I would keep the option of being able to run it sensored.

You could pick the Hobbywing xr8 SCT (4s) ESC or the Mamba X from Castle (6s). Both are really good options and can run a sensored motor.

A 4268 motor around 1900kv is a great option.

Just got the sct410 kit. Not gonna race. Only shopping at local shop, so limited options. I see lots of people run max8 combo 4274SL/2200KV in mt410. That's one I can get. Want crazy power. Would it be possible to run that in sct410. I get its way over TQ. I can't get 36xx motors with low kv

Thanks
Thats what I run. Runs great I have had no issues with it in the last two weeks since I built the mt410.

Attachments

• 20210110_193621.jpg
    20210110_193621.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 181
  • 20210110_193606.jpg
    20210110_193606.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 189
probably a good idea to upgrade to 17mm hexes if you want to run a larger than 3660 can, the extra torque will put a lot of stress on the 12mm hexes which use smaller pins and will wear faster with more torque.

For a large 4274 can, I agree that motor will be better suited for the MT410 which is based on the 1/8 Truggy arms/shafts and driveline components.

The length of the chassis and mounting space for the motor is the same between the SCT410 and MT410, so the larger motor will fit, but will be a bit too much torque for the stock SCT axles.

Thanks for all the advise. I like the idea of having a race setup. But seems the xr8 SCT isn't waterproof. It's 4 feet deep snow here right now, will be for months. If I put paddle tires on and ran it, would xr8 die for sure? Was thinking to try and fit a buggy body under the truck body to help protect.

I'm thinking Its between max 8 and xr8 sct

Thanks for all the advise. I like the idea of having a race setup. But seems the xr8 SCT isn't waterproof. It's 4 feet deep snow here right now, will be for months. If I put paddle tires on and ran it, would xr8 die for sure? Was thinking to try and fit a buggy body under the truck body to help protect.

I'm thinking Its between max 8 and xr8 sct
Castle Mamba X is sensored and waterproof if I remember well.

It is an under rated ESC if you ask me.

Got some of the stuff, 17mm hexs coming. Pretty exciting

Attachments

• IMG_2021-01-15-22-47-35-143_2.jpg
    IMG_2021-01-15-22-47-35-143_2.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 179
Went with max8 combo. Motor is huge. My last electric stuff was long ago, whatever was fastest biggest. But nothing this big. Really excited now.

Recent Popular Liked

Back