• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Hobbywing EZRUN MAX10 Combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIPPERSxRC

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Pretty new to the Hobby and wanted to ask about electronics for my EB410.2 build. Just been bashing my RTR's and now I want to start some light racing. I recently completed my first TEKNO kit...ET48 2.0. For that build, I'm running the EZRUN MAX8 combo. I was a little intimidated about soldering wires, so I thought this was a good way for me to begin. Would the EZRUN MAX10 be good for racing? Any suggestions for ESC and motor combos that won't break the bank?

Any information is really appreciated! Thanks!

Sorry...was supposed to post this in EB410. Don't know how to move it. Oops😁

I haven't had any experience with that esc and motor directly, but it would be an option for sure, the ezrun series is a good starting point, but if you're racing, you may prefer some of the programming options that the xerun series provides.

Do you know what class your likely to be running in, it will depend on your track and the competition that is run, some tracks are very open and you can pretty much choose what you like to run, others have a strict class definition so that will determine your combo, a justock combo might also be a decent starting point, but if you want to run 3s then you'll need look at some of the other combos.

I use the max10 esc, HW 3660 4600kv combo. It was pretty inexpensive when I brought it that was my only decision when I purchased the combo. So far haven't had any issues with it on a large outdoor track running 2s batteries. It's not a sensored esc so something to think about if you wanted to swap motors later your limited there. My next build is an eb410 I'll probably just use a xr10 pro and a 6.5t motor for racing.

Thank you PrimaRC and 76jimmy. Really appreciate all the information. I think I might go with the justock combo. It seems like a good place to start my RC racing journey.

Recent Popular Liked

Back