• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET48 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone heard any updates on the release of the ET48 2.0? Anxiously awaiting the release!!! It has been almost a year for me since I ordered my ET48.3 and it was on backorder until cancelled.

I am hoping any day myself too. I check there website daily...
Yeah me too I’ve been waiting since last March to get the ET I missed the ET48.3 just as the last of the uk stock was sold and been waiting ever since the talk about a new model release coming.

desperately hoping it’s soon ??

Kind of surprised that there aren't any insiders with a bit of an idea of timing. Last post was Feb/March time frame. We are mid-Feb so hopefully we are getting close.

Very surprising there is no inside info on the release date. Tekno has tighter lips then the white house!

Yeah I'm looking forward to it also. I really don't need it..... But..... The outdoor track revamped the track and I think the big truggy would be awesome on it.

This is finely some light at the end of the tunnel ???

thinking I was going to have to sacrifice my 1st born to get my hands on one

That thing sure is butt ugly :eek: Obviously being Tekno it will be extremely competent round a track, no doubt faster/better than the .3 in most/every way. But to me, with that body, its just a LWB buggy. Technically it may be legal, but not sure its really in the spirit of truggy class.

That thing sure is butt ugly :eek: Obviously being Tekno it will be extremely competent round a track, no doubt faster/better than the .3 in most/every way. But to me, with that body, its just a LWB buggy. Technically it may be legal, but not sure its really in the spirit of truggy class.
I think Elon Musk designed the body.

I wouldn't consider any of the other production bodies out there to be "in the spirit of the class". Back in 2011, ROAR suggested that bodies should look more realistic, to encourage manufacturers to get back to a traditional monster truck look. Well that never happened. They all took a performance first approach, us included.
This new body is just an evolution of that approach. And aside from the hood not completely covering the shock tower, I'd argue the new body is more truck like than any other body on the market.

...And aside from the hood not completely covering the shock tower, I'd argue the new body is more truck like than any other body on the market.
Hmmm, that's kind of pushing it I think... how many actual truck bodies have pretty much no hood? But each to their own, its all just opinion at the end of the day. Like I said, sure the truck will be immense on the track, much like every other Tekno. I'm guessing there will be some readily available body mounts to allow fitment of a more 'traditional' truck shell, covering front shocks or even an MT shell, so its probably a moot point anyway.

Hmmm, that's kind of pushing it I think... how many actual truck bodies have pretty much no hood? But each to their own, its all just opinion at the end of the day. Like I said, sure the truck will be immense on the track, much like every other Tekno. I'm guessing there will be some readily available body mounts to allow fitment of a more 'traditional' truck shell, covering front shocks or even an MT shell, so its probably a moot point anyway.
The front tower has locations to move the body mounts higher to fit traditional truggy bodies.

I'm attaching some pics of where some of the body inspiration came from. Essentially I think of it as a militarized Power Wagon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 193
  • Oshkosh-JLTV.jpg
    Oshkosh-JLTV.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 236
  • race-tractor-1951-dodge-power-wagon-off-road-racer-2474.jpg
    race-tractor-1951-dodge-power-wagon-off-road-racer-2474.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 174
The front tower has locations to move the body mounts higher to fit traditional truggy bodies.

I'm attaching some pics of where some of the body inspiration came from. Essentially I think of it as a militarized Power Wagon.
Good for you guys to keep innovating and try new stuff! I can see such bodies being more efficient and becoming common practice.

I can’t deny I’m unsure of the styling of the body on the ET48 2.0 but I am excited to get one still been waiting so long to get one. Is there any details that you can give us ? Such as width and length of the truck ? Any traditional truggy bodies that will fit the new truck ? So I can order in advance ? Would you be able to confirm the battery compartment measurement ? So I can see what batteries I have that will fit easily ? What to get everything parts wise ready and so eager to get this info please.

many actual links to traditional truggy style bodies that will fit the new version nicely ?

Recent Popular Liked

Back