• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET48 2.0 intended setup.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ifti

Reaction score
Intended setup for general basher - not into heavy jumping etc, just running around!
To be used on short grass and gravel with a 4s 6000mah hard case pack.

- Exrun Max8 ESC Combo with 4274 2200kv Brushless Motor
- TKR4176 16T Mod1 5mm Bore Pinion
- TKR9117 44T Hardened Spur Gear
- TKR5253B 25T Aluminum Servo Horn
- Sanwa MT-S / Rx-482 Receiver

Recommendations:

- Need a good metal geared servo. Any recommendations? Considering a Promodeler?
If not, Ive used the SRT BH9032 in the past which was impressive, so that's also an option......

- Tire choice - leaning towards Badlands MX M2 or the Artma Backflip LP 4S 3.8 for my intended use. Has anyone any experience of these on the ET48? Will I need any hex offsets?

Last edited:
Last edited:
On my ET48 2.0 I plan on running a Protek 370TBL (same as in my MT410) and Arrma Backflip 4S.

@Lynny posted this pic. I think I asked what the offsets were back in the build thread.

Post in thread 'Tekno ET48 2.0 E-Truggy : COMPLETE VIDEO BUILD GUIDE'
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads...gy-complete-video-build-guide.2190/post-18401

I’m also swapping out my diff fluid from stock so far I’m considering 60-100-30

Had to go back to the manual! lol

Stock build comes with 4mm Hex front and 2mm hex rear, so the Backflip LPs should be fine with the stock build I hope ;)

I was looking to run stock diff fluid to start with and see how things go - your intended setup seems quite a change. Have you run that fluid setup before??

Had to go back to the manual! lol

Stock build comes with 4mm Hex front and 2mm hex rear, so the Backflip LPs should be fine with the stock build I hope ;)

I was looking to run stock diff fluid to start with and see how things go - your intended setup seems quite a change. Have you run that fluid setup before??
I havnt run that diff setup before. I’ve seen it floated around a lot on the FB MT410 basher group as a popular choice with the MT48/ET48.3 so I figured to try it out.

Ok went for the Backflips in the end.
All ordered up ;o)

Just looking at servos - I've used the SRT BH9032 in an EB48 previously and it performed pretty well...leaning towards that at the moment considering its also easily available near me!

If my ET48 2.0 would ever get here I have a Savox SB-2292SG Black Edition. It has pretty good specs but this will be my first kit build in many a moon so I have no experience with one servo over another.

Yes backflip lps fit no problem they just clear the arms with the included plus 4 hex um runnin 50 200 20 fluids the thicker center is to cut down on ballooning of the 4s backflips. There’s just enough suspension travel to run 6s backflips also. Photo is with 6s backflips
74BD22D7-6EB0-4A26-93B6-51BD5D3ECCC2.jpeg

Last edited:
I went with 6s Backflips, doesn’t look like the front has quite enough travel for the chassis to hit the ground which scares me of breaking an arm or bending shock shafts. I think with a bumper it would hit, need to check shock positions see if any get me a little lower.

ended up going with promodeler servo, after looking at their comparisons on their site where they tear down competitors servos they seem to be built pretty well. Should be here next week.

might end up getting some carbon sheets to cut out my own guards, template and cut in router table, well see.

Went with 20k 60k 10k can already tell it’s too light.
Trying 60-250-30k next.

If your going with HW ESC and the motor you’ll have the same issue I did.
There’s nowhere good to mount the power switch.
I cut the wire, extended it to run into the battery box, mini 4 pin deans connector so it’s removable.
Throw some silicon under the shrink tubing to seal it up when it shrinks.

And cut a hole out the back of the battery box so I can mount it to the rear of the box, accessible with the body on but won’t be able to be knocked off by anything.

trial and error on the holes... need a new box now.
If you can find somewhere to mount the switch might need to do something similar.
I’ll post pics once I get it all finished.

Attachments

• 2591ADBB-2A3E-4BC6-AACE-176E0026B413.jpeg
    2591ADBB-2A3E-4BC6-AACE-176E0026B413.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 172
  • F2F3D218-9071-466B-805F-CA666F0988FE.jpeg
    F2F3D218-9071-466B-805F-CA666F0988FE.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 195
Yes backflip lps fit no problem they just clear the arms with the included plus 4 hex um runnin 50 200 20 fluids the thicker center is to cut down on ballooning of the 4s backflips. There’s just enough suspension travel to run 6s backflips also. Photo is with 6s backflips

How are you finding that fluid setup??

I went with 6s Backflips, doesn’t look like the front has quite enough travel for the chassis to hit the ground which scares me of breaking an arm or bending shock shafts. I think with a bumper it would hit, need to check shock positions see if any get me a little lower.

ended up going with promodeler servo, after looking at their comparisons on their site where they tear down competitors servos they seem to be built pretty well. Should be here next week.

might end up getting some carbon sheets to cut out my own guards, template and cut in router table, well see.

Went with 20k 60k 10k can already tell it’s too light.
Trying 60-250-30k next.

If your going with HW ESC and the motor you’ll have the same issue I did.
There’s nowhere good to mount the power switch.
I cut the wire, extended it to run into the battery box, mini 4 pin deans connector so it’s removable.
Throw some silicon under the shrink tubing to seal it up when it shrinks.

And cut a hole out the back of the battery box so I can mount it to the rear of the box, accessible with the body on but won’t be able to be knocked off by anything.

trial and error on the holes... need a new box now.
If you can find somewhere to mount the switch might need to do something similar.
I’ll post pics once I get it all finished.

Cheers dude - with my EB48 I was able to run the power switch so it sat just behind the battery. Was hoping to do the same with this one, unless it has a shorter power switch lead then the XR8 Plus I ran in the EB48.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 231
Yeah that’s a good spot for it if the lead is long enough. My ezrun and firma esc both have super short leads.

Oh yeah another thing I will plan on switching is going probably going straight to an emulsion shock build - similar to my MT410?

Did you guys end up keeping the bladder setup?

Will be keeping a bladder setup to start with - have always use bladder setups for bashers in the past (although non-Tekno)

Last edited:
How are you finding that fluid setup??
So far it’s pretty good the thicker center keeps the front tires from ballooning and it turns on a dime. Um limited on the fluids I have but so far I like it.

So Im now in 2 minds RE the ESC and motor......

Stick with : Max8 with 4274 2200Kv Motor

Or go with : XR8 Plus with 4274SD 2250Kv Motor

EDIT : Ok so the Max8 I ordered still wasn't in stock so switched to the XR8 Plus instead. Have run this before with a 1900Kv in the EB48 and was quite happy wit the ESC so I'll stick with it for the ET48 as well and see how it goes alongside the 2250Kv!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071KY4DKM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Eventually I would like to get the xr8 plus and 2250kv motor let me know how it go. The Team Corally esc I got it originally to run a 4092 in my custom kraton and it would overheat after 5 minutes so the Tekno inherited it. Um hoping to race the Tekno if I can find somewhere near me and for that I will get the same combo you are putting in yours.

Everything is ordered up - now waiting for delivery!

- XeRun XR8 Plus ESC / 4274SD 2250Kv Motor
- Hobbywing OTA Programmer
- TKR4176 16T Mod1 5mm Bore Pinion
- TKR9117 44T Hardened Spur Gear
- TKR5253B 25T Aluminum Servo Horn
- Sanwa MT-S / Rx-482 Receiver
- Backflip LP 4s 3.8 Tires

Just the servo left. Currently in talks with ProModeler so may go that route.......

I originally had the HW WiFi module, but sold it as I found the connection a bit of a hassle. The OTA Programmer now connects via bluetooth, so should be more reliable and easier to use!

Did you ever decide on a servo? I have a Savox SB-2292SG but either it is defective or there is a compatibility issue with my Futaba Receiver. It has no power to turn the wheels so I may be looking for another option.

Did you ever decide on a servo? I have a Savox SB-2292SG but either it is defective or there is a compatibility issue with my Futaba Receiver. It has no power to turn the wheels so I may be looking for another option.
I'm using an MKS HBL550 and it's great. Pretty quick and has no trouble turning 7" tall tires. You'll need to use a couple of washers under the servo horn to space it upwards so that it doesn't contact the servo case. I cut some up but I'm sure you could source M2 or M2.5 washers easily.

Not yet - been busy with work so project took a back seat for a while!
Have had all the parts rolling in, just waiting for the ESC and Motor to still turn up though, which seems like its stuck in customs!!

Servo will most likely be a Promodeler as they look pretty impressive.
Have previously used a SRT BH9032 in the EB48 2.0, and that would be my next choice as I know first hand what I'm getting!

Recent Popular Liked

Back