• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET48 2.0 intended setup.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything is ordered up - now waiting for delivery!

- XeRun XR8 Plus ESC / 4274SD 2250Kv Motor
- Hobbywing OTA Programmer
- TKR4176 16T Mod1 5mm Bore Pinion
- TKR9117 44T Hardened Spur Gear
- TKR5253B 25T Aluminum Servo Horn
- Sanwa MT-S / Rx-482 Receiver
- Backflip LP 4s 3.8 Tires

Just the servo left. Currently in talks with ProModeler so may go that route.......

I originally had the HW WiFi module, but sold it as I found the connection a bit of a hassle. The OTA Programmer now connects via bluetooth, so should be more reliable and easier to use!

Do you think I'd need a heatsink and fan for the motor with the above setup (to be run on 6000mAh 4s).....

Do you think I'd need a heatsink and fan for the motor with the above setup (to be run on 6000mAh 4s).....
It's a hard question to answer, because it is going to be very dependent on your driving style and how hard you are on the truck.

On paper, your setup is reasonably geared, tires are not too heavy and your local weather doesn't seem to be on the warm side (you are in the UK, right?). So you should be on the very safe side of things.

However, it is possible to overheat a motor if you are trigger heavy and flooring it non-stop. Speed runs in the grass will push your system to its limits. A good rule of thumb is to give it a minute to rest once in a while and a good pause between two packs. Most people do this anyhow, some don’t...

Ok final setup is:

- Promodeler DS1155BLHV Servo

Finally found the fluid I was after, well most of it!!
Have the TA 60K [front] and 200K on the way.
Wanted 30K rear but cant find it in stock anywhere, so may use the 20k that comes with the truck for now.

Just my luck, it seems the ESC and motor has been lost in the post!! Its been sitting in customs for the past 20 days and hasn't moved at all. DHL haven't a clue where it is and what's going on. May have to re-order. Just my luck!!

Ok final setup is:

- Promodeler DS1155BLHV Servo

Finally found the fluid I was after, well most of it!!
Have the TA 60K [front] and 200K on the way.
Wanted 30K rear but cant find it in stock anywhere, so may use the 20k that comes with the truck for now.

Just my luck, it seems the ESC and motor has been lost in the post!! Its been sitting in customs for the past 20 days and hasn't moved at all. DHL haven't a clue where it is and what's going on. May have to re-order. Just my luck!!
Nice parts. Just wondering why not xr8 pro? Is the new version. Not worth the upgrade?

Nice parts. Just wondering why not xr8 pro? Is the new version. Not worth the upgrade?

I went with the Plus as I've used it before, and also gives me the option to run 6s in the future if I ever really needed, or wanted, to try it.

However, now that its been lost in the post I'm wondering whether I should go with the Pro instead considering all my batteries are 4s anyways.........hmmmm

I also have the choice of 1900 or 2200kv motor - for general bashing (no high jumps though) which is best?? I've only ever used the 1900kv in a buggy build, although I'm leaning towards 1900kv for the ET48 again so I avoid heat issues??

As I understand it, the lower KV will be lower top speed, but higher acceleration and more torque, which sound about right for a general basher?......

Last edited:
I went with the Plus as I've used it before, and also gives me the option to run 6s in the future if I ever really needed, or wanted, to try it.

However, now that its been lost in the post I'm wondering whether I should go with the Pro instead considering all my batteries are 4s anyways.........hmmmm

I also have the choice of 1900 or 2200kv motor - for general bashing (no high jumps though) which is best?? I've only ever used the 1900kv in a buggy build, although I'm leaning towards 1900kv for the ET48 again so I avoid heat issues??

As I understand it, the lower KV will be lower top speed, but higher acceleration and more torque, which sound about right for a general basher?......
I don’t know which combo I will order. I’m also between 1900-2250. I have a spektrum combo 2050kv maybe I will start with this.

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back