• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET 48 2.0 steering binding with 5075 coupler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could you take a pic from this direction? The reason I ask is that there is no reason for the CV to turn from the steering moving. There is definitely something off there.
1622691843664.png

Remove the dogbone end of the CV from the outdrive (at the diff end).
Now try turning the steering just as you are in the video.
Test both sides. This way we remove the diff/bulkhead area from the equation completely.

Is the CV still turning as you steer?? If so, you need to take the axle apart and rebuild it as per Matt's directions above....

Could you take a pic from this direction? The reason I ask is that there is no reason for the CV to turn from the steering moving. There is definitely something off there.
View attachment 7012
Please see pics attached.

Attachments

• IMG_1808.JPG
    IMG_1808.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1809.JPG
    IMG_1809.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 182
Remove the dogbone end of the CV from the outdrive (at the diff end).
Now try turning the steering just as you are in the video.
Test both sides. This way we remove the diff/bulkhead area from the equation completely.

Is the CV still turning as you steer?? If so, you need to take the axle apart and rebuild it as per Matt's directions above....
Removed the cv from the outdrive at diff and it does spin the cv when I turn the knuckle. Steering linkage is not attached

Hmmmm, this one has me stumped!

The steering linkage is attached to the front sprindle, and seems to be fine - it has nothing to do with the CV itself. So with the steering linkage removed, and the CV dogbone out of the outdrive, when turning the spindle by hand to the left or right, I get no movement of the actual axle/CV whatsoever. It should just be turning the axle from one side to the other without any rotation at all. Can you do that by hand with the axle removed, as in the above photo - turn it side to side without any rotation at all?
Turn the axle itself in a circular motion and confirm no rotation at all.
Then I'd start putting everything back together, and at each step test to see at which point the rotation begins......

Thanks. Everything is smooth until the steering is attached and then the same issue. I just took the right side completely apart and reassembled. Again same issue. Will do the left side now and see what happens, but rather defeated at this point. Thanks again.

So it looks like your CV is assembled incorrectly. It looks like you have the pin going through the axial hole of the barrel when it needs to go through the radial hole.
1622767038325.png

1622767059930.png

So simple when you're shown how!!!!
Good spot Matt!!!

No problem! It can be really hard to diagnose a problem when you can't physically look it over yourself, so thank you for taking all the pictures and videos!

Same issue here is a pic of the assembly.

Attachments

• 7AE07712-8A05-44D6-818D-548CE33BC0B4.jpeg
    7AE07712-8A05-44D6-818D-548CE33BC0B4.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 48

Recent Popular Liked

Back