• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Emulsion shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slogrits

Reaction score
Driving Style
Basher
Is there supposed to be a o-ring in the cap? TKR8702 comes with o-rings but it just goes around the outside lip. Watched my dad try the emulsion style but oil drained out of the bleeder hole. He ended up just doing standard ventless. I thought I would give emulsion a try.

The big o-rings go inside the cap. Then there should be a screw with tiny o-rings that goes in the bleeder hole.

Watched my dad try the emulsion style but oil drained out of the bleeder hole
Sounds like he didn't use the set screw to plug said hole...

The bleeder hole on the side.

Sounds like the o-ring in the cap didn't stay seated properly. That should seal the bleeder hole. I like the M2C Racing ZRS caps much better than the Tekno ones.

I think Pauly is right. If it is leaking out of the side hole then the o-ring for the cap is not installed correctly.

Your first post says "TKR8702 comes with o-rings but it just goes around the outside lip."

This makes it sound like the o-ring was installed on the shock cartridge and not placed inside the shock cap. If that is the case, then thats the problem.

I think Pauly is right. If it is leaking out of the side hole then the o-ring for the cap is not installed correctly.

Your first post says "TKR8702 comes with o-rings but it just goes around the outside lip."

This makes it sound like the o-ring was installed on the shock cartridge and not placed inside the shock cap. If that is the case, then thats the problem.

The o-ring was a royal pain to get seated properly in mine. I wasn't very impressed. It was almost like the 0-ring was too big. Trying to get the tiny o-ring on the screw was not fun either.

The o-ring was a royal pain to get seated properly in mine. I wasn't very impressed. It was almost like the 0-ring was too big. Trying to get the tiny o-ring on the screw was not fun either.
Watched the Ryan Lutz emulsion shock video and he puts the large o-ring on the outside. It does seem too big to go on the inside of the caps.

This is a screen shot from the eb48.4 manual.

1. Step one; insert o-rings into caps.
  2. Step two/three; shows the o-ring in the cap
Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 6.07.06 AM.png

If there is a side vent on the cap the o-ring needs to be up top.

lol you swore up and down how great emulsion was and how you'd never do anything else again! ha ha.. kind of sounds like a pain.

For now i'm sticking with the easy standard setup... I was considering going to emulsion because i figured when I swap my plastic caps to the alloys it would bring the bladders off with them, but it didn't. I was able to simply swap the caps w/o having to do anything else luckily... usually on my other RCs the bladders pull of with the caps!

lol you swore up and down how great emulsion was and how you'd never do anything else again! ha ha.. kind of sounds like a pain.

For now i'm sticking with the easy standard setup... I was considering going to emulsion because i figured when I swap my plastic caps to the alloys it would bring the bladders off with them, but it didn't. I was able to simply swap the caps w/o having to do anything else luckily... usually on my other RCs the bladders pull of with the caps!

The plastic caps were easy and the M2C caps are easy. The aluminum Tekno ones I hadn't used til the other day and like I said seating the o rings was not terribly nice. Once they're in you're golden tho.I still wouldn't go back to the standard build

I, originally started with "vented bladder" style then switched to emulsion. After running emulsion for a while....I switched back to bladder to see the difference again and that lasted a few outings till I decided Emulsion is my preferred shock setup. I could get the car to settle a lot quicker with an emulsion setup.

I never had a problem with the tekno aluminum shock caps. But like Pauly said once the o-ring is in your golden...its been quite some time and maybe I just don't remember it being a pain.

Thanks this is exactly what I needed. Saving diagram for build. (y)(y):)
I just installed the Tekno aluminum caps on my 410.3 shocks. The o-rings were installed in the caps. The problem is you can feel the shock cap bottom out on the wider rim on the shock body before you start to compress the o-ring in the cap. All four of my shocks now leak air through the little vent hole on the side of the cap. Extremely disappointed since those caps weren't cheap. It appears that the threaded sides of the caps need to be 1- 2mm shorter in length so the o-ring can compress before the cap bottoms out on the shock body rim. Thinking of trying a wrap or two of teflon tape on the shock body and reinstalling the caps. Either that or put the plastic back on and have caps milled down about 2mm.

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back