• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

EB48.2 spindles upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET48
  3. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Hi all,

I’m setting up an older EB48.2 buggy for bashing with a full SCT type body. The reason i picked up the .2 is that it has the smaller towers and shocks that I believe are used on the sct410.
Also, i noticed the spindles use smaller bearings on this truck compared to the .3 and .4 which is not to my liking. Less reliable and I don’t want to carry two new bearing sizes.
What would you recommend as a carrier and spindles upgrade so as I can increase the bearing size and run the same size as my other rigs (.3 and .4)?
For some reason I fail to find an easy answer.
Thanks,
7C6F8322-9A65-419E-B85C-500A94388FC2.jpeg

I think your easiest route is to use .3 components, which should include the arms, spindle carriers and spindles.

Comparing part numbers the shafts are the same and hubs are compatible/same.

I think your easiest route is to use .3 components, which should include the arms, spindle carriers and spindles.

Comparing part numbers the shafts are the same and hubs are compatible/same.

while checking the EB48.3 arms description, I came across this:

Replacement Tekno RC Front Suspension Arms. These arms feature the updated EB48.3/NB48.3 design that shifts the shock mounting point out towards the wheel for added high speed stability.

NOTE: While these are backwards compatible with the original EB/NB platforms, they must be combined with the EB48.3/NB48.3 front shock tower (TKR5268). The original spindle carriers (TKR5042/TKR5042B) and spindles (TKR5041) are compatible, as well as the newer spindle carriers (TKR5194) and spindles (TKR5193). The arms are right/left specific.”

If the arms are backward compatible, then the EB48.2 arms must be forward compatible. ?

I could probably get away with TKR5194 and TKR5193. Interesting!!

That makes sense, I forgot about the tower differences.

Sounds like a simple swap of the spindles and carriers in that case...even easier than I thought!

FYI: I use all .3 ends all around on my .2, also use the universal axles all the way around. Current setup is with SCT body & cheap 3s electronics package. Car rips in our backyard basher track. All my buddies had traxxas slash 4x4 and slow upgraded to arrma & proline rigs, so I converted my buggy to short course.

FYI: I use all .3 ends all around on my .2, also use the universal axles all the way around. Current setup is with SCT body & cheap 3s electronics package. Car rips in our backyard basher track. All my buddies had traxxas slash 4x4 and slow upgraded to arrma & proline rigs, so I converted my buggy to short course.

Perfect, that's my plan too. I sold all my Traxxas stuff this year and am running 100% Tekno rigs from now on. I was pouring $$ into my RTR stuff with limited results.

Got a cheap .2 that i'm turning into a basher SCT. Here it is with temporary body and wheels:
IMG_1985.jpg

Recent Popular Liked

Back