• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Convince me to purchase a mt410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slicktmi

Reaction score
Thinking about buying my first tekno what all upgrades does the mt need before bashing and is it worth every cent? how's durability on it? Also what are the most common issues with it? Give me all the info I need to know thanks guys

It’s honestly great as is. A lot of people go crazy extreme with theirs and break stuff so they do the Mods in the sticky. Otherwise I would find the right motor/esc/pinion and let it rip.

From what I’ve read tekno has great plastic. I’ve been smashing mine around in the cold and snow and it’s been a champ. Even in 10 degree weather.

The forum is filled with everything you’ll need on how tos, and tips.

Most common issue seems to be stripping the supplied plastic servo arm followed by the stripping of the plastic spur gear (if gravel gets stuck) about $30 to get the metal versions from tekno.

@Slicktmi for any new comer to the Tekno brand, the most popular and most recommended upgrade I would say is the aluminum servo horn.

Everything else are nice upgrades, but the servo horn without a doubt probably the one that makes the most sense right off the bat no matter what your driving style is (bashing or racing).

Welcome to Tekno Forums by the way!

Welcome to the forum!

All have mentioned the aluminum servo horn. If you plan to do some serious jumps then I’d definitely recommend at least the m2c bracing at some point. A few of us have upgraded pretty much all of what m2c has to offer and it is about as indestructible as it can get. Not 100% but close enough.

Getting back into RC cars with the kids after 30 years, bashing has taken on a whole different meaning. Crashing into a curb or rolling over was what I worried about, and even then Tamiyas would disintegrate. Now Bashing is literally a sport of one-upmanship. I've seen guys at skate parks "sending" their MT over 40 feet into the air - on a mission to break it. If you are wanting to have fun TRYING to break it, then the MT will be fun. It's been pretty much indestructible out of the box with a 5 year old at the wheel. The shock tower stand offs bend easily depending on how much body you have on it to protect them when it lands upside down. You also need a very good steering servo and arm to take the abuse. If you've never bought a $150 servo before, prepare to do so.

The only thing for me that required an upgrade is that on a 4S with a Castle 1512 2800Kv, it's undrivable at full power. At 40mph, you can gun it and it will start doing back flips, which means it's very difficult to reach top speed unless you have a lot of space. So we upgraded to the extended chassis, problem fixed. But, while the extra length makes it less prone to power induced backflips....some people like the backflips. Personally an RC car backflipping at 50mph and then sliding towards something upside down is horrifying, but to each their own.

Get one! It's one of the, if not the top, most robust RC cars out there.

Just pull that money trigger and do it. ? or you already did?? Let us know!

What's up everyone thanks for all the replies i haven't bought one yet but I'm about to the only thing I'm honestly worried about is that diff case problem where the 2 bearings hold the input how they eventually get smashed into each other on bad landings anyone had that issue?

Happened to me but the advice on this forum
solved the problem.

Red loctite on the rear outdrive and a flanged bearing on the gearbox and you should be fine.

I have a very heavy motor and I jump about 10-12 feet high with no issues.

Have not yet tried bigger jumps, but I think the gearbox is ok.

The gearbox problem doesn't happen to everyone but all it takes is $16 in parts to prevent it from happening, super easy.

The SCT is super cheap too (in comparison) these days...makes me wonder why do the buggy and the Truggy have to be so much more!?

Recent Popular Liked

Back