• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Castle Monster X 1515 2200kv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ceramic bearings don’t generate the heat like metal does and do not swell when heated like metal.

They are typically used in really high RPM applications like high speed mills.

I knew someone had to know the technical reasons, thanks.

Ok guys I gotta do something. I think I need to just spend the money and get a 1515 or another quality motor that runs efficiently. This SkyRC Toro just cooks. It was 95 out today, ran 5S and I almost hit 200 degrees 10 minutes into my run.

Granted I was driving pretty hard in tallish grass and up and down hills but this is where I will be running most of the time. I even dropped down to a 15T pinion.

Should I go with the 1515 2200kv or get a different motor and drop to a lower kv?

Ok guys I gotta do something. I think I need to just spend the money and get a 1515 or another quality motor that runs efficiently. This SkyRC Toro just cooks. It was 95 out today, ran 5S and I almost hit 200 degrees 10 minutes into my run.

Granted I was driving pretty hard in tallish grass and up and down hills but this is where I will be running most of the time. I even dropped down to a 15T pinion.

Should I go with the 1515 2200kv or get a different motor and drop to a lower kv?
This is a very similar situation as mine. So far no one has said the 1515 2200kv motor runs hot. Are you running a fan?

Have you tried some dual fans? They can bring motor temps down 10-15 degrees. 95 is pretty hot, especially if you have BIG tires and running in the tall grass. My 1480kv motor hit 175 the other day when it was around 95 out, running in grass with Backflips tires.

Check out the YeahRacing dual fan system. It comes with a big heat sink, may have to slightly trim off the upper right corner to fit it though. A few seconds with a dremmel tool.

1900-2000kv seems to be where most people end up if running 6s. On 4s the Castle 1515 2200kv should be OK with fans.

If it were me I'd try using motor fans before buying another motor.

Ok, Im going to order the fans today I guess. Do the Yeah racing dual fans come wired together so it only takes up one slot in my receiver? I think I’m going to swap out the MMX fan too as it got close to 185 at one point.

I’m just glad I checked the temps when I did. I really didn’t expect to see those temps 10 minutes in though and luckily I had ziptied my ESC to the plate because the two sided tape felt like it was mush under it.

Ok, Im going to order the fans today I guess. Do the Yeah racing dual fans come wired together so it only takes up one slot in my receiver? I think I’m going to swap out the MMX fan too as it got close to 185 at one point.

I’m just glad I checked the temps when I did. I really didn’t expect to see those temps 10 minutes in though and luckily I had ziptied my ESC to the plate because the two sided tape felt like it was mush under it.

my YeahRacing came as 2 separate fans, I had to get Y adapter for them. Ended up burning them up after I soldered them to use one connection, I plugged them in reverse polarity lol. Got the WTF twin fans now, those came together to work off the one slot. I just put them on the YeahRacing heat sink.

Looking at this picture Overkill posted it doesn’t seem to be enough room for the censored version. Thank you all for your input.
Here is my sensored Castle in a EB48.3, it fits just fine. Get the sensored motor, it’s 100x smoother than the sensorless. Also the MMX esc uses the 3rd channel input so you can turn up or down the power right from your radio as needed.

Attachments

• 3EC375F8-5A12-4E2A-ADAB-296CCF171B05.jpeg
    3EC375F8-5A12-4E2A-ADAB-296CCF171B05.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 499
Reactions: Hye
my YeahRacing came as 2 separate fans, I had to get Y adapter for them. Ended up burning them up after I soldered them to use one connection, I plugged them in reverse polarity lol. Got the WTF twin fans now, those came together to work off the one slot. I just put them on the YeahRacing heat sink.

Awesome! I’m going to order the fans and a 12T pinion.

Awesome! I’m going to order the fans and a 12T pinion.

I think a 15t pinion is the smallest that will fit, the motor can't move in any closer due to the center brace I believe but double check the manual.

Reactions: Hye
I just ordered a 13T pinion and the WTF Windy Trumpet Fan with their mount from Amain.

I had to shave the center brace down to get the 15T in there but I think there is still enough material to remove to get the 13T in.....at least I hope so.

Here is my sensored Castle in a EB48.3, it fits just fine. Get the sensored motor, it’s 100x smoother than the sensorless. Also the MMX esc uses the 3rd channel input so you can turn up or down the power right from your radio as needed.
Thank you for posting this picture. I really want this mmx combo and was sad that it wouldn’t have fit. Now I can order it! Unfortunately everyone is back ordered, but I will be patient.

I can't give you the technical answer, but my best guess is better bearings allow the motor to spin more freely. perhaps the original bearings were dirty or going out, idk.

The bearing I used were not cheap $1 a bearing types. The 2 bearings for the Castle 1515 are ceramic and we're $30 from Boca Bearing.
that's good to know

Ran it in a arrma kraton and a et48.3 Good set up, never really ran hot, I put Boca bearings (ceramic orange seal) in the motor and it brought temps down about 10 degrees. I have the sensorless version though.
What size?

Recent Popular Liked

Back