• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Castle Monster X 1515 2200kv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it was more power than I wanted/needed, so I ended up selling mine. But for a basher its probably a pretty good choice. Never noticed it getting hot while I did use it.

I'd get the sensored.

Reactions: Hye
Well it was more power than I wanted/needed, so I ended up selling mine. But for a basher its probably a pretty good choice. Never noticed it getting hot while I did use it.
What rig did you have it in? eb48? Snug fit but, still fit with the sensor wire?

Ran it in a arrma kraton and a et48.3 Good set up, never really ran hot, I put Boca bearings (ceramic orange seal) in the motor and it brought temps down about 10 degrees. I have the sensorless version though.

Ran it in a arrma kraton and a et48.3 Good set up, never really ran hot, I put Boca bearings (ceramic orange seal) in the motor and it brought temps down about 10 degrees. I have the sensorless version though.

What pinions were you running in each?

What pinions were you running in each?

Kraton was 17T and in the et48 I went with 15T. Got the Leopard 4092 in the et now, it's a beast ok n a 20T pinion. Keeping the Castle for a backup

Ok. Did you need to trim the center brace to get the 15T on the ET?

Ok. Did you need to trim the center brace to get the 15T on the ET?

nope, the motor just fit with both the m2c and the stock brace and using the composite spur 44T. I did have to trim my YeahRacing heat sink though.

when you say it didn’t really run hot. Do you recall the temps when it was in the et? 17t in kraton is very nice if it didn’t run hot.

The MMX is awesome. The motor is just like any other 40x75 2200kv motor.

9446D0E3-6C7A-4FA0-AC2F-BD683D5CBFB2.jpeg

Ok, in the Kraton the hottest I seen was 174 on 6s, this is before it got warm here in Texas. I am fairly certain the temps would be higher today, we are at a heat index of 100. I did also have dual fans. On 4s same pinion and the Kraton the temps averaged 155 or so, also before it got hot here.

The et48 I started on a 15T running 4s, the hottest I seen was 167 and it was pretty warm outside. These temos were without fans. I mistakingly hooked my fans up reverse polarity and had fried them.

I haven't ran 6s on the motor in the et, I have switched to Leopard 4092 and 20T pinion.

What rig did you have it in? eb48? Snug fit but, still fit with the sensor wire?

Had it both an .3 and and SL. I didn't have the censored version but don't think by memory there would even be room for one.

The MMX is awesome. The motor is just like any other 40x75 2200kv motor.

View attachment 730
Ok, in the Kraton the hottest I seen was 174 on 6s, this is before it got warm here in Texas. I am fairly certain the temps would be higher today, we are at a heat index of 100. I did also have dual fans. On 4s same pinion and the Kraton the temps averaged 155 or so, also before it got hot here.

The et48 I started on a 15T running 4s, the hottest I seen was 167 and it was pretty warm outside. These temos were without fans. I mistakingly hooked my fans up reverse polarity and had fried them.

I haven't ran 6s on the motor in the et, I have switched to Leopard 4092 and 20T pinion.
Had it both an .3 and and SL. I didn't have the censored version but don't think by memory there would even be room for one.
Looking at this picture Overkill posted it doesn’t seem to be enough room for the censored version. Thank you all for your input.

Looking at this picture Overkill posted it doesn’t seem to be enough room for the censored version. Thank you all for your input.

You can turn the esc on its side, but then the fan draws in the heat from the motor

How can bearings bring temps down?

How can bearings bring temps down?

I can't give you the technical answer, but my best guess is better bearings allow the motor to spin more freely. perhaps the original bearings were dirty or going out, idk.

The bearing I used were not cheap $1 a bearing types. The 2 bearings for the Castle 1515 are ceramic and we're $30 from Boca Bearing.

Ceramic bearings don’t generate the heat like metal does and do not swell when heated like metal.

They are typically used in really high RPM applications like high speed mills.

Recent Popular Liked

Back