• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Castle mamba monster w/ 2200kv. 4s or 6s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spadednick88

Reaction score
Hey guys quick question. Got my hands on a castle mamba monster and 2200kv motor. It says they are 6s capable but who actually runs theirs constantly on 6s? Is 2200 and 4s 50c suffice for a fun basher? Don't wanna be overheating every 10 min. Any Input? Thanks

Hey guys quick question. Got my hands on a castle mamba monster and 2200kv motor. It says they are 6s capable but who actually runs theirs constantly on 6s? Is 2200 and 4s 50c suffice for a fun basher? Don't wanna be overheating every 10 min. Any Input? Thanks

On an MT410 4S should be plenty for 90% running and 5S-6S for the "Here hold my beer" moments. If geared right even on 6S you won't overheat even during summer. I dislike fans for tuning and only use for insurance but if it gets 165-175 then throw a wild turbo fan or the like on it.

Sweet. Think I'm gonna get some 2s packs tomorrow

I have this set up in my Kraton. most the time I run 4s when bashing, figure I hit around 50-55mph with cool to the touch temps using 17T pinion. on 6s I hit 65mph and temps are 167 with same 17T pinion (50T spur). I do have a yeah racing dual fans though. that said, on 4s I needed no fan at all.

On an MT410 4S should be plenty for 90% running and 5S-6S for the "Here hold my beer" moments. If geared right even on 6S you won't overheat even during summer. I dislike fans for tuning and only use for insurance but if it gets 165-175 then throw a wild turbo fan or the like on it.
I agree wholeheartedly. 4s is plenty. 6s = Tasmanian Devil and increased chance of carnage. Having said that, the "Ricky Bobby" in all of us takes over sometimes and we whip out the 6s anyway!

I run a Castle 1800kv and 6s in my ET chassis MT. No Prob. New motor is a 1717 1650 on 6s. Runs all day with no heat. With 22t/44 spur, it has an awesome top speed.

I run a Castle 1800kv and 6s in my ET chassis MT. No Prob. New motor is a 1717 1650 on 6s. Runs all day with no heat. With 22t/44 spur, it has an awesome top speed.
That sounds great. Can you post any pictures of your setup? I’m in the market for new electronics.

What tires do you have ? Do you think i'll overheat with the same setup and trencher tires (6.89inches)

I am running the same castle 1800kv with mamba monster x on my mt410 with 2, 3s batteries stacked and I have never overheated YET! but I did have to go through a couple of servos's in my learning process.lol

Last edited:
I run Badlands. Protec servo @7.5v. And single Hudy fan.

Recent Popular Liked

Back